naming of hindu-muslim baby girl - please pour in suggestions

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by RedRuby, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Marzipan

Marzipan Gold IL'ite

Congratulations! I haven't read the entire thread, maybe you have already decided on the name but if you haven't I would suggest Jasmine and Sumithra. These are two names I had considered giving my own children one day, if I have baby girls myself. Jasmine is easy to pronounce and is a popular name in many countries, even in Persia and arab countries too. Sumithra means a "good friend", as I read.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi Marzipan :) cute username by the way i always get appetite to eat marzipan when i read posts of you :D :D
    Yes we did consider Jasmine but it seemd its really very common (i just new 1 childhood friend of mine with that name) but didnt thought of Sumithra yet, will check the meaning as im bad in remembering meanings :hide:

No we didnt decided yet finally, but we are on good way thanks to the great help and suggestions here in IL kneesmileyhugsmiley

1 person likes this.
  3. Marzipan

Marzipan Gold IL'ite

OK, now I see that the name Jasmin has already been suggested. :D

4. Marzipan

Marzipan Gold IL'ite

laugh1smiley
    I got too excited seeing the topic, that's why I responded so quickly without reading all the replies. I see so many good suggestions here, I'm sure the baby will get a very meaningful and beautiful name. Good luck with motherhood, dear! So good to know that your baby might be sharing the same birthday as me (I'm born 29th of July).hugsmiley

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Thats so sweet of you that you got excited :) :) yes you are right there are soooo many great suggestions here in the thread :) i was overwhelmed with the help and warmth from all the people here to go out of their way to help me out :) it really touched me a lot :)
    :D great you share nearly same b-day :) lets see maybe it will exactly same :) are you a mother too? Or having both religions in your family? Just thought thats maybe reason you got excited :) :)

6. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi,

How about....

SAHANA

that is my daughter's name..it is actually the name of a raaga and many of our friends have told it sounds like a muslim name.

all the best.

sangi

2 people like this.
  7. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

How are you Red Ruby ?? Start resting dear, later u will be busy... Avoid using laptops for longer time.

1 person likes this.
  8. mithra3412

mithra3412 Platinum IL'ite

How about Sameera

1 person likes this.
  9. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sanarun, thanks for popping in here and giving me advice :) never thought Sahana would sound like a muslim name, hhmmm will think about it and let hubby know. thanks for the suggestion :) and may god bless your lil daughter is she the lil one on your avatar pic? Really cute :) :)

1 person likes this.
  10. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi VaniVyas, thanks for coming here and having a look and asking so sweetly, thats really kind of you :) im not too good as i have bad SPD which is paining with every movement and gets worse day by day.. so im stucked to couch / bed most of the time as even walking from bedroom to kitchen can be tricky at times.. thats why im stucked in internet so much..... IL is actually keeping my sanity... sort of saving me otherwise i would go mad :crazy but i know you are right its really bad for eyes :(

Hope you are doing fine :)

1 person likes this.