naming of hindu-muslim baby girl - please pour in suggestions

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by RedRuby, Jun 10, 2014.

1. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi Viswa :D thousand hugs for that one hugsmiley if you saw my original list its mentiond there written as Soraya, which is just simply different way of spelling. I thought that its just possible to write like that. It was the only name i really liked more... and i came up with it in the beginning, no clue where i got it from.. hubby suggested full list of names and i literally brushed it away saying i still prefer Soraya.. and then got totally upset as it was muslim name and i needed a hindu name.. thought like great, now i cud have favourite muslim and get stucked on the hindu where my hubby has no clue about :spin
    I did never thought of possibility to write like this and its meaning in sanskrit :) will go and tell hubby about what he thinks about that :)
    I know that its often written as Soraya as the Th in the name is pronounced as the th in thief.. so sounds similar to s. But the T in Turiya wud be pronounced as T... you think it will make a difference?
    thanks a ton for that information again :) really want to hug you right now :)

2. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Congrats!
    Suraiya
    Khushi
    Luca
    Sahana

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi MaliniHari, thanks for popping in and suggesting :) specially Lavanya is really cute one :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear RedRuby,

Your happiness gives a great satisfaction like a father getting excited to see his daughter happy. Another name that came to me is Chetana. This name has several meanings in several languages. Consciousness is the meaning you will see everywhere. This name appears to have significance in many religion and culture. God bless you and your family.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  5. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

For Tanvi, I think it is the same meaning both ways, but my knowledge was gathered from internet.. so not too sure how reliable..
    Ishya, in Persian, I thought means 'desirable' .. did not know the meaning of 'Angel'... that's even better..
    Best of luck!

1 person likes this.
  6. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi, you are right it is a very beautiful name :) actually i had Amir on my list right after my favourite Aryan for a boy :) missed to think about the female form of it... now im wondering wether i shud not use that name (and mention to hubby) as the male form is one of the best arabic / muslim names for boys.. and who knows ;) as we wished for a second child... faaaaar future :D
    I will think about it :)
    good to know Alheena is easy to pronounce for them, i know that some names are really tricky.. mine and my hubbies sometimes coz confusion :bonk

7. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Zara (spelled differently) is already in family but Zoya sounds nice, isnt it Russian or Slavian? If its christian we wont use it actually...but thanks a lot for your suggestions and the support :)

8. digezt

digezt Senior IL'ite

Lasaya Priya

1 person likes this.
  9. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi, did i miss the Suraiya version earlier???? That one is really bautiful, it sounds quite similar to Soraya but seems to have slightly different meaning, is that right? Sahana will be mentiond to hubby too.

10. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa, thanks again for your kind words and the support on our way to name our child :)
    Chetana is nice too, i didnt know there are several meanings additional to the indian one.
    Do you think it is ok to use the Soraya version instead of the Thuraya? Im just trying to figure out how to avoid that ppl misspronounce but still both meanings will be kept (arabic and sanskrit). Would the Sanskrit meaning still be in there if we spell it Soraya like the usual arab version?
    I know that my hubby (arabic) would pronounce it with sharp th like in thief if its written Soraya, but Turiya in Sanskrit is pronounced with t like table... im afraid to confuse ppl or her as some wud pronounce Thuraya with t and some with s and some with th (neither like in the or like in thief)....
    Im sorry if im troubling you... i just like to hear opinion on that question as im bit stucked...