naming of hindu-muslim baby girl - please pour in suggestions

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by RedRuby, Jun 10, 2014.

1. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

My friend who named her daughter Alheena lives in US and yes, it is very easy to pronounce. Anya is also quite popular name in US. I asked my colleague to pronounce Soumya and he could pronounce it easily. Amyra is a very common Arabic name (in Egypt) and quite easy to pronounce. I met a scientist from Egypt few years ago, he introduced me to his wife, Amyrah, I just loved the name and decided if I ever have a girl, I'm going to call her Amyra.

1 person likes this.
  2. happygolucky22

happygolucky22 Silver IL'ite

Zara or Zoya

1 person likes this.
  3. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

oh yes.. its difficult dicission, can imagine you both discussing and breaking head over that too, must be like that for all of us :) i thought too that Shyla appears more westernised so put Shaila on the list. Will show to hubby, lets see what he says, i like that it sounds bit arabic.. atleast i feel so. But yes, i noted rock, mountain, some say it means river but it means for sure godess Parvati.
    But its really great you already shortlistet to 5 names :) any favourite in heart which you feel driven to? You follow any specific rules or have to consider relatives sentiments?

4. gayushiru

gayushiru Silver IL'ite

Sounds like your list has too many names now! It was very hard to shortlist 5 because DH was vetoing most suggestions. My favorite right now is Laasya (feel free to add to your list if you like it). It was the first name I came up with and somehow its stuck in my heart. But DH keeps changing his favorite daily. I think we will finally decide only after seeing her.

5. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Hi redruby

A big congratulations to you.
    Few of my favorites in girls names are
    Sabeeha : means for noon and beautiful.
    Arshiya : means heavenly
    Shaiasta or shaysta : means perfect one, someone very well mannered.
    Nazuk : means tender and soft.
    Ishana or ishani : I think theses are goddess Durga names
    Tanishi : my friends baby's name, I think this is also ma durga name.
    Myrah:
    Raina : means beautiful princes in arabic and night in hindi.
    Eesha : means alive in Arabic and is taken from Vedas in hindi or Sanskrit.

I had a big list for girls name but I had a boy , lol:)
    Tc

1 person likes this.
  6. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Hi RedRuby..
    Anika, Tanvi, Ishya are some cross cultural options (though not Arabian)... I liked Ishya the best..

1 person likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Hi Redruby,

My hearty congratulations to you and your husband for a lovely baby girl expected in July. I have only one suggestion to make that could be considered as a combination of Sanskrit and Urdu name.

That name is "Thuraya"

The name Thuraya is of Arabic origin.
    The meaning of Thuraya is "bright starlight - the Pleiades, a group of seven stars in the constellation Taurus".

Turiya in Sanskrit means "Pure Consciousness" or "the Fourth" meaning the one that transcends waking, sleeping and deep sleep state of mind.

Let this child be a bright light of knowledge that removes the ignorance.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  8. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi Nandshyam, thanks for the suggestion its a nice name, unfortunately it means "more" in german which is the country we currently stay :( they wont recognise the meaning grace or kindness :(

9. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi Cutemonster, its always like that isnt it? i was dead sure about 1 name if its a boy.. wud have choosen Aryan... girl name is making me :bonk Even thought of just changing it into female form Arya .. its one option as it has meaning in arabic too.

I liked Arshiya too but seems that one too (like Mehr) cud be translated really badly...same for Raina ... this is making me Witsend
    Ishani is really good one i didnt thought of yet :) and your right it is godess Durga name meaning ruling posessing i figured out :) Sabeeha is purely arabic isnt it? will show hubby your suggestions :) thanks a lot again

10. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi deepslikes, great you suggest something too :) thanks a lot
    Yes, i thought of Anika already, its really cute name, Tanvi is nice as well, Tanvi, Tara and Tanishi are good option with T
    Is the meaning of Tanvi (slender, beautiful, delicate) the same for muslims too?
    Ishya is spring i figured out and for muslim its angel which is great meaning, just its persian it seems...is that right?? hhmmm ur right, Ishya is nicer then Tanvi...