1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nalangu song!!!

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Cutiesri, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,
    Let me know what song to sing in nalangu..I thought of not singing but at that time i will b forced to sing..So please say me some song or say me what u sung at the wedding?

2. Shmira

Shmira Bronze IL'ite

Hey
    First of all Congrats. Is the wedding already over???? When is the big day ??

Are the family members around conservative? Then go for devotional songs like bhajan or some filmy devotional songs.

If they are ok and not conservative ? sing anysong you like.

In our marriage, I prepared it ahead (I also know some bhajans and devotional songs) , so sang one small para. My husband did nt sing at all, We all forced him to sing something. He sand 'Johny Johny yes papa ' :).

So it doesn't matter. have fun... but if you are a bad singer ask the video man ahead not to record it, even he records it ask him to replace the song duration with some real nice song in the original marriage CD.

3. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Dear shmira,
    Thanx for ur reply..My marriage is on feb..That was good from your DH to sing jhony jhony yes papa...I pland to sing kurai ondrum illai song...But i m vry much worried for this ritual alone...:hide:

4. Shmira

Shmira Bronze IL'ite

wow congrats.. my anniversary is on feb 1... which date on feb is ur marriage??

Dnt worry. It aint a competition and no one's gonna judge you. In most of the marriages this ritual is skipped these days, just sing for fun.

kurai ondrum illai is a good choice. will show you as a content women :) to all the elderly fellas & they will be happy to see such a character ;)

5. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Congrats and all the best for your wedding.

I sang the hindi song - forgot the old film - Ye zindhagi usee ki hai. That was liked as an apt song by many relatives and even now some people relate to me in their relate to me by recollecting that song.

U can sing some semi classical or bhajans. My cousin sang `Phoolon ka thaaron ka sab ka kahna hai' for his sister's nalangu and the bride sang `Snehithaney Snehithaney Rahasiya Snehithaney' from Alaipaayuthe.

6. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Dear shmira ,
    My marriage is on feb 16..I used to sing but afraid of that crowd..But i dont want to skip this ritual. His side is some wat conservative so i think of avoiding cine songs..Thank you very much shmira for ur reply.So nice of u..

Thanks soldier for your reply..If you have any songs jus say me the name i will prepare it.:idea

7. Shmira

Shmira Bronze IL'ite

All the best then!!! Devotional songs and bhajans should do..Pick the song which you can sing without singing abaswarams :)