1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nails Faq

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Rakhii, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

ladies, I realised we dont have an FAQ thread for nails. The one that we had was 2012 old. So here is one that we can use.

Can someone please help me figure this out? For the first time in a very long time, I got the French Manicure done with white tips for nails. last time I had the same was 15 years ago back in India. I remember that the white tip got stained with turmeric when eating and it looked really bad. Since then, I didn't get that kind of nail polish for the exact same reason. After all these years, I tried it again. its been a week since I ate anything with bare hands (been using knife and fork) and I am missing my Rasam saadam.

Anyway, how do you prevent the nails from getting stained? Or, has the french manicure improved in the last few years and the nails dont stain anymore?

Adharv likes this.

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rakhii - No such luck! I suggest you continue using gloves/spoons/forks to maintain the white tips. I was veggies/meats in turmeric water and invariably get it on my nails. Such annoyance!

Rakhii and Gauri03 like this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yeah sadly I haven't found an escape from the turmeric tint. I gave up painting my finger nails because of it. The worst was when I'd paint them a light color and then feed DD with my hands only to find the pretty pinks turn into unrecognizable muddy shades. :shakehead:

Rakhii likes this.
  4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Agggr! I was hoping for a positive response Laks :(
    so our choice is between good looking nails and eating our comfort food with fork or dont get a good looking nail polish. damn
    Right! No wonder the nails on feet look even for a very long time compared to hands!

This could be a great business proposition, we should investigate this and invent our line of nail polish that doesnt stain! lol