Naatu Vaidhiyam------ Help Plz

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by kavitha1286, Aug 8, 2012.

1. kavitha1286

kavitha1286 New IL'ite

hi friends,
    My kid is 2 month old...we have a lady who will give bath to my kid daily......she is suggesting few naatu vaidhiyam like jadhika masika,some green leave lekiyam,vasumbu something can we use all those things....iam little confused......she is giving bath to around 8 kids per day...all are giving it seems,,,,,,mine is a c section so i have a doubt whether we can believe all these procedures or go with doctor advice.,....pl guide me....

2. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

Dear Kavitha,

Its completely your choice, generally kids who are undergoing these kind of treatments sleep well, feel hungry too! If you believe your Doc most, then do whatever she says! Its upto you to decide on it, since the kid is yours! My ammama used to give my DD Vasambu every alternate days! Its supposed to stop the kind of nausea the kids feel when they drink more milk. You can ask your mom about this too!

3. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

yes they are very good for the baby .it helps with gas ,colic and digestion .vasambhu is esp very good .when my ds is very gasy it put the vasambhu paste on his tummy below belly button and it relives him instantly .try it .

4. vidyavisu

vidyavisu Silver IL'ite

Hi Kavitha,
    I have also heard about those as orai marundhu.( herbal medicine which we rub in stone and give babies). Grandmas give it to babies after bath. As Lochu said, it helps with digestion etc.
    It's purely personal choice to give it.
    Regards
    Vidyavisu

5. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Kavitha,
    You can rub vasambu and athimathuram in a clean stone, mix them with a drop of honey and then just apply it in the tongue of your baby. This is usually done on the day the baby takes nice oil massage and bath. But very little should be given. The baby's appetite increases and also sleeps well.

1 person likes this.
  6. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I have given those to my Son for about 3-4 Months. It was relly helpful . he used to sleep well .

1 person likes this.
  7. padmashreedeepu

padmashreedeepu Silver IL'ite

Yes, Even i give thm to my daughter.... It works out :)