Mystical north east !

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by cutemonster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. whiteorchid

whiteorchid Bronze IL'ite

wow, such a beautiful account of life in north east. i have always been fascinated by the place and i have been to kaziranga national park . your pictures of your school are also too good.
    would to know more about your stay and other nice places to see in north east.

1 person likes this.
  2. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

thanks for the fb whiteorchid,
    kaziranga is a beautiful place , even i liked it very much.

3. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Cutie,
    I'm a little late in this beautiful thread of Our North east......:)
    Awesome posts and pics dear.....:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup
    Thanks for sharing......:)
    Looking forward to more interesting posts......:cheers

1 person likes this.
  4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Dear ''cutemonster''.......liked your writeup especially about Arunachal Pradesh which we are yet to see !!
    I had been to Sikkim, Nagaland and Assam and really enjoyed my vacation there !!
    Wish you the very best in the contest......beware my friend.....I am also in the contest !!

1 person likes this.
  5. cutemonster

Today i will share my memories about the festivals of arunachal, the first one which i have lots of beautiful memories of is mopin!
    mopin is a an important festival of galo tribe.
    it is a kind of farming festival and reminds you of holi!!
    mopin is celebrated to drive away evil spirits and protect crops and people from natural calamities.It is celebrated before sowing paddy.
    Mopin is celebrated in the month of april.
    People specially wear white coloured dress. The traditional dress of adi women is like a wrap around called as gale.
    people smear each others face with rice powder like we put colours in holi festival but i found this better as we dont have to be scared to harmful chemicals and strong permanent colours, rice acts as a good scrub for the skin :)
    All the people in the community get together and celebrate together with a feast and local rice wine !

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  6. cutemonster

sharing some more memories of arunachal

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  7. cutemonster

hi sudha ! thanks for the fb!
    i just loved your pics of your sikkim trip!
    i dont have such beautiful picx :)
    for me we all are winners , and i am enjoying so much to write about the life i had in arunchal, its been so long but seems like i was there yesterday and i am so nostalgic sharing the memories. A lot of my friends think of NE as one big jungle and would tell me why do you like it so much . stop talking about those junglis, so for me to write here is a big prize in itself!

1 person likes this.
  8. cutemonster

thanks for the fb bhargavi!

9. cutemonster

well for a lot of us life in north east seems like one big trip filled with excitement and fun but i feel there are a lot of hardships also. specially for people who work for forces , be it army , CRPF, assam rifles , BRTF , GREF , or any other.
    At the time when we were there it was considered a very tough posting an not many people would be willing to go there.
    The medical facilities were not good and many times jawans use to get malaria or other diseases and had to be airlifted to save their life.
    the letters would take forever to come and newspaper also came one day late but with not many things to keep you entertained even a week old newspaper was luxury.
    bigger cities are better now but in the interiors it is still same and govt has not done much, there are many places where you have to walk as either there are no good roads or in the rainy season the roads gets blocked due to landslides.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  10. cutemonster

sharing one more festival of adi's . it is called solung,it is celebrated in the month of july or aug.
    like mopin here the women dress in traditional red and black dress. red gale and black top and jacket.
    usually the date of the festival is fixed by the gam bura or the village head,on the festival days the villagers sacrifise mithun and pigs and make apang which is local rice wine and it is served in bamboo glass.
    men assemble in the mosup and ward off evil spirits by bamboo arrows and traditional daavs. The women do their traditional dance called ponung

Attached Files:

4 people like this.