Mystical north east !

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by cutemonster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

thanks for the fb ashu!
    you should definitely go and explore the area , im sure you will be pleasantly surprised by the beauty and life there.

2. cutemonster

OK so one more !
    This was the prayer hall, where we went specially on saraswati puja day!
    oh what a feast we had and students served teachers and fellow student. actually when i was studying we had boys hostel only and so the prayer hall was for hostellers but all the students gathered there on special saraswati puja!

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  3. cutemonster

I will share some lesser known facts about arunachal now.

Not many people know that there is a very famous place called parshuram kund .
    One day, Renuka, mother of Parashuram, went to fetch water. While returning, she felt drawn towards King Chitranatha playing with celestial nymphs. Consequently, she was late in returning to the ashram. Jamadagni, her husband, worried over her delay as it was getting late for the midday worship and through his divine power he knew the reason for her delay, on her arrival, he asked his sons to kill her. None of his six sons except Parashuram could oblige. He immediately beheaded his mother. The handle of the axe which he used, however, clung to his hand.
    Pleased with his son, Jamadagni desired Parashuram to ask for any boon. Parashuram asked six boons and one was for the immediate recovery of his mother. However, this did not wipe out his sin. He was told that the only way to wash off his sin was by taking a dip in the Brahma Kund. Only then would the axe stuck to his hand drop. Parashuram ultimately came to the Brahma Kund and took a dip and the axe separated from his hand. The spot where the axe dropped from his hand came to be known as Parashuram Kund. Its water are considered very holy and people come to take a dip to wash away their sins!

This place is located in tezu district of arunachal.

one of my friends who is now a land officer in tezu has asked me many times to come and visit the place but i guess i have many more sins to commit before i can wash them off:rotfl

2 people like this.
  4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Oh cutie, I am loving the photos and your account of the north east.

I will come back to read them in detail. I see a mention of Jeypore in Orissa. Its making me nostalgic. I lived in a town near Jeypore for a few years :-D.
    Pics of your schools are so nice. Keep them coming.

1 person likes this.
  5. cutemonster

Thanks for the fb saraswathi!
    i would love to read about your stay in jeypore , i could not visit the place but my friend would share lots of stories about his home town and i enjoyed them so much ! seems like it is an ancient city with lots of historical importance.

6. cutemonster

ok sharing one picture of parshuram kund i got!

some facts:
    parshuram kund:
    located in the tezu dist of arunchal.
    best time to go is in the makar sankranti time as they have a big mela at that time.

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  7. cutemonster

One more beautiful place which i had visited long time back was in a place called as lekhabali .lekhabali is also in west sian dist same as along. we went to this place once one on our way to assam from along.
    In lekabali we have malinithan , which is also a historical place.
    This is also a holy place and many pilgrims come here.this site was excavated in late 70's and has ruins of ancient temple.
    This also has a very interesting story behind it, rukmini was the daughter of king Bhismaka, her marriage was fixed with shishupal but lord krishna abducted her on the day of her marriage and came to this place , here they were welcomed by goddess parvati with lots of garlands and flowers.
    The garland was so beautiful and lord krishna was very happy on seeing it . lord Krishna therefore called Devi Parvati as "Sucharu Malini", or a lady who strings garlands beautifully. hence she came to be knoan as malini and place was named malinithan!
    sounds romantic na:)
    But when i visited the place it was in ruins:rotfl, yes the story and legend was very nice and it was surprising also that rukmini was from north east:)
    But over the years the place became better and now they have a nice temple there.
    Anyone who is interested in historical site should definitely visit the place !

3 people like this.
  8. cutemonster

sharing a picture of malinithan i got from net, i will post my pictures also

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  9. cutemonster

Now something about the amazing people and culture!
    first about Along, yes im bit biased to the place:)
    Along has a tribal population of tribe called as adi and galo.
    Adi is the main tribe, the language they speak is also called adi only:)
    I had learnt few words but now dont remember many except anni which meant mom!
    Adi's worship god donyi polo which is sun and moon , suraj and chandrma!
    but in the interiors in some places we see Buddhism also. one such place is mechuka , you had to go there in a helicopter and there were no good roads at that time. At That time besides forces , there was only one jeep which was kept for district collector and one more PWD jeep!
    It was told to us that guru nanak dev ji who is the first sikh guru had also visited the place and done meditation there!!
    The place had beautiful handicrafts and mechuka bowl was very famous and my mom's ladies club kept it as memento to be given to all members when they left arunachal! we still have that beautiful bowl on the top of our refrigerator and mom keeps coins and keys in it!:)

6 people like this.
  10. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

Sure dear. After seeing the images of your school i really want to feel that breeze and sunlight on my face :)

1 person likes this.