1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Myopia

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by stayblessed, Oct 14, 2020.

1. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    My friend's daughter has been prescribed attropine drops for myopia. Can some one tell me if it really reduces power and does it have side effects? I need more information on this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Myopia aka short sighted ness in children and adults is being corrected by wearing spectacles that will take care focus readjustments.

For tender age, very low dosage diluted 0.01% atropin drops are being tried the world over with a belief that eye ball shape would get naturally corrected or and would at least result in reduced the speed of full blown myopia. Even lesser dosage 0.001% is said to be adequate in the case of young kids deducted in very early stages.

Drops functions nothing to with directly altering power of the vision.

Thanks and Regards.

stayblessed likes this.
  3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Better to get opinions with reputed Opthalmologists.
    EspecIally those with experience in treating children.
    I’m assuming the friends daughter is a child and minor..
    So any such treatments which may or may not work and can cause side effects in future need to be evaluated thoroughly.

stayblessed and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

This must be added to #2.
    A neighbour looking close to the eye of the baba in my arm said there is slight squint in his right eye and I must check it up with ophthalmologist.
    I went with baba to a senior by experience and age after inspection baba’s eyes said nothing internal or external should be done till age five or six. It is all tissues growing and settling. Now At 44 my son eyes are normal to work 14 to 16 hours at a stretch that includes exposure to computer monitor and reading voluminous books.
    So I tend to believe that drops Atropen whether 0.1 or 0.01 or 0.001% solution are poisonous chemicals and they are used for treating patients exposed to nerve gas or something.

Thanks and Regards.

God - you protected vision of my son through exp doctor.

stayblessed likes this.
  5. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

6. netflx

netflx Gold IL'ite

In these matters, it is best to consult directly with qualified ophthalmologists second opinion for safety. When you google online you will get many pros and cons, but best to consult qualified doctors.

stayblessed likes this.