1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MyBlog -59 (People would rather loose wallet than cellphone!)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Pragmatic, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Pragmatic

Pragmatic New IL'ite

Blogging after a long time...Looks like I missed on many precious blogs/entries :(. I had been busy off late in packing, relocating and unpacking. Yet to organize some of my stuff :crazy Its been real tiring task!

Each morning I wake up and first thing in my mind is 'Oh this carton is pending, winter clothing is yet to be organized....so on and so forth'. Today I thought of taking a break from household chores and take out sometime for e-news and blogs. Along with cnn/msnbc, I also prefer to log on to Bangalore Times e-paper to catch up with the news of India. It is already midnight in India and they have posted Sunday e-newspaper. While reading, an interesting article caught my eyes. The title was 'People would rather loose wallet than cellphone'. How true! isn’t it? :thumbsup

If I ask myself , I will candidly say that I cannot live without my cellphone. It has become an integral part of my life. Just few years back I never felt the need of this gadget, infact I was among those who said ..'It is just a waste of time and money to carry a cellphone' and Now I can proudly say that "I feel incomplete without my cellphone".I can relate to this title coz even if I step out of my home to dump trash in the trashbox downstair, I carry my cellphone :)

Without quoting accurate numbers I can say that these days each person on this earth owns a cellphone ...It is no more a fancy item, people have gradually realised the worth and ease of using it. Back in India I have noticed our vegetable vendor, house maid, auto fellows, school going kids, Grand- maa's, priests etc proudly using a cellphone. More often my mom calls at our maid's cell phone to check if she is coming for work or not :) Our vegetable vendor has proudly announced that if someone needs special fresh vege then they can sms/call on his cell and he will bring it the next day :) All the pooja's are now organized by calling Panditji to check his availability :) Our local sweet vendor provides home delivery of sweets/milk/curd/Paneer on phone requests :) The other day my bhabhi scolded her 7 year old son for coming home late from playground…The innocent reply that came from young boy was "Mom, Please buy me a cellphone so that I can inform you about being late" :p

No question about it that cellphone is a very useful and necessary device. For me its a kind of lifeline coz all my important Phone-numbers/ encrypted bank info/encrypted passwords (yes I do keep a note of my pwd/bank info in cellphone but I have encode them for safety)/to-do-list/reminders/Important Messages/Address/precious family photos/Videos are stored in cellphone. Internet browser allows me to connect online and get lot of things done on the go…Ah I have almost everything in my cellphone :) Since it contains all important stuff, wherever I am , Invariably my eyes keep a track on my cellphone. I just cannot afford to loose it :) :coffee

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hi Pragmatic
    I do remember you mentioning about your relocation in one of the blogs earlier. Glad to know that you have and are settling down slowly.

Cellphone - Yes we have become so dependant on that these days that it is not funny. They are more than just a phone now with each new versions of equipment becoming one better and with more and more added facilities. I feel they can be a nuisance also sometimes.

I carry one with me just so that my husb can keep in touch with me when I am out. But I hardly hear it ring !! It is in my bag somewhere waayyy at the bottom of all things typically found in a ladies bag. If I do hear it ringing, I miss the call anyway as I am still trying to look for it in my bag :)

3. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

I also carry my mobile all the way but I dont use much of the features you had mentioned like to-do/Reminder etc etc..
    But still I cant afford to loose it too.. All the time I keep on blinking in my mobile for some new messages.. Guess for most of you this will be a habit too..
    It was nice to read. Thanks for the blog Pragmatic!!

4. Raji01

Raji01 Bronze IL'ite

hi
    you are right. i had lost mine 3 months back.all my sweet memories of photos ,videos, voice recordings and collection of songs .......all gone !!! i just can't come to terms with this fact. makes me mad and curse the thief,whom i'll never ever forgive. it was so precious for me.

5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Well said dear, I have all my to-do lists and reminders in my cell and if I am to lose it ,Oh! I cant even imagine it,It’s a mini databse for me.I too have the habit of saving my passwords and everything in my mob and if someone get holds of it…he has not even got my mob but my entire details!!
    It s such a useful device and also misused to a great extent. Technology always comes with pros and cons and irresponsible people misuse it making it a threat for sometimes even existence. Cam phones are a nightmare for us ladies in most of the places , mobile usage among teens is a reason for rising B.P among parents and so on.But I cant help wondering how efficient were we-humans- who managed without mobiles for these many years and how much dependency is there on it now.

6. mohammedriyas

mohammedriyas New IL'ite

Once I forget my cellphone in a nearby internet cafe. I was sure that my cell was safe there, because i browsed late in the night and i and that cafe owner went outside together. Still i was very tensed. Only God and me knows the tension i was undergoing that night. It was almost true that i couldnt sleep that night.