My worst nightmares before labor

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Rakhii, Aug 18, 2011.

1. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Interesting thread Rakhi...I admit that I also tend to get paranoid about these things, more so these days because I am expecting my baby in another 3 days. :)

Last week I go to the temple..and what is the first thing that I pray? that my water doesn't break..LOL..
    I go to a mall for baby shopping..and what is the first thought that crosses my mind when I see the napkins section? that may be I could use it if the water breaks there..:bonk
    Agreed, family is always there to immediately get to toes and start helping, but I always have this fear as to how I will cope with that sudden outburst of embarrassment in a public place..:hide:

Having said that, what finally relieves me is the fact that all women have gone through this..and if so many have gone through it, then I too SHALL....and so will you :) Wish you a safe and healthy pregnancy Rakhi!

2. Plumeria

Plumeria New IL'ite

Thank you all for this wonderful thread. I'm pregnant & I've been thinking of these things too, so its not just me alone :)

I'm mostly worried about the poop thing, I dont know if I can make eye contact after such embarrassment. Oh well, we dont have control over somethings! I'm due in few weeks, scared as heck, so trying to avoid thinking abt these things. If it happens it happens, cant really prevent these things. Just go with the flow, I guess :)

Good topic :)

3. angel1719

angel1719 Silver IL'ite

well..as Rakhii and all others feared...I too had similar feelings....I started asking experienced people around me..some suggested that they will give Enema before delivery...and some said that midwives and docs are used to this..they will not even bother....
    Regarding water breaking in public...I guess everyone will not feel bad infact come and help if such situation arises....I am almost 2 weeks away from my due date..and still working..i always feel...what if my water breaks when I am at work....but then i have seen people around me showing lot of care...so i am sure..that there is not to be embarassed if such thing happens....

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

ladies, its sooo comforting to know that you are all having the same fears as me. Stork, Angel, Plumeria..good luck with delivery. After delivery, please do update me if you all ended up pooping like we feared.

5. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

No Rakhii...But throughout labour, I kept feeling I did, only to realize at the end that I dint...:)