1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My wish list

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Renu1999, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Renu1999

Renu1999 Bronze IL'ite

1.I want to celebrate festivals in my moms place when I visit India .(since they are in same town morning in my moms place and evening in their place or vc is ok with me ) . I feel so jealous when they celebrate with their sons and daughter s at their place and I cant spend with my parents. But my parents are ok with me celebrating festival anywhere.
    2. Want to go to my Moms place first from airport. It has not happened in the last 7 years I wish it will happen once. I dont care where my husband goes he is more than welcome to go to his place. (when I say this to my husband he always gives me big lecture it is our culture . it is happening for years and we should not break it but my heart really wants it atleast once)
    3. Make my own plans when I am an india and able to spend two days with my husband alone. (Now I fight/resist nothing happens I have to go with their plans. and always my husband thinks so much to take me out alone when we are in india.) because we are staying alone here he says when we go to India we have to go with them everywhere. (Ever since I had baby now it is 3 years I dint have any break from him Even iF I put him in daycare at the end of the day I have to take care of him it is really boring to do everyday. )
    4. I want to keep my jewels and collect our rent. ( I contributed so much for the apartment we bought in India but when after we buy it they started collecting rent. I dont have any control over it. Again my husband says they are just putting it in his account in India. )
    These things seems to be very simple but these are not happening in my life. And I cant take it easy I feel very bad thinking about these things but my MIL always wins her plans work out. My husband I would say he dont want to talk back to them but he likes to advice me so much about culture.
    when will these things change? DO I have to wait another 20 years for that??

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I guess thats how an "MIL" is born .:rotfl no offense.. just kidding..

"saas bhi kabhi bahu thi ! "

Sorry Renu.. I have no suggestions for you. As for
    # 3 : Yes I somehow think your DH is practical and thats how society expects you to be when u visit india.

#4 : Your DH says the rent comes to your account. as long as that money is common to you and DH its good right ? what are you expecting here? or just for the satisfaction when you visit , you and DH personally visit the tenants , see the house and collect the rent in your hands for once.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  3. semaphore

semaphore Senior IL'ite

Renu

Just visit India once just you and baby. You can satisfy few on your list.
    Just a suggestion, as I had to go alone(although trip will be hectic..)
    I could plan what I need to do.