1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 'weighty' Worries

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by beautifullife30, Aug 9, 2016.

1. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Am a foodie. A conscious foodie would describe me better. I love to hog on different cuisines...I love experiencing new tastes, tasting new flavors....well anything vegetarian. All these have ultimately led to one thing...you guessed right....me gaining a few pounds here and there!

I still fit into my pre maternity clothes...just filled out a little more into those clothes. That's it! I am comfortable eating, being a few sizes bigger. However, people around me are not!!

My mom is so concerned that she is insisting I eat only two rotis everyday in the night. Two rotis!! Today I was feeling a little off and wanted to snack on something. Taking a break from healthy snacks, I sneaked in a cream bun from café which unfortunately for me fell on my colleague's eyes :redface:. She's been giving a lecture to me on high calorie foods since then. 'What you are going to eat is toxic...plain toxic for your body!' Phew!! Cream bun and toxic don't go together in my dictionary.:thinking:

Almost of the ladies I know are on a diet and a strict exercise routine :treadmill:. Its good that they are on it. But I hate it when they force their diet on me!

...but I am a conscious eater. And I exercise everyday for one hour (through dance) to ensure I stay fit (if not lean).

I am currently in my late twenties. I feel this is the time to eat as much as I want and whatever I want without feeling odd or bad. Till now at least I have not been suffering from any critical ailments. I am sure my doctor is going to put me on a sticks-leaves-nuts-fruits diet once I reach my forties. Considering the lifestyle that we are living in......9 hours in front of computer, 2 hours of travelling everyday in pollution.....it is surely bound to show its effects in say 5-10 years time. So even if I crave to eat anything later in my life, I might not be able to do justice to my cravings.

So why start early? Am i wrong here? I have been having this guilty feeling since her lecture. My cream bun doesn't look appetizing now:(

2. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

Haha nice wordings :D i am not gonna say i am fit but weigh heavy though same as you 9 hrs + 2 hrs :D particularly i m styng in hostel so its full time fr me to wash clothes, washes dishes blah blah but like you i am foodie... whenever my sis scold me i was like who cares i just wanna enjoy now even though i regret later.. since i skipped my walking after changing to new hostel i gained some more :( you are rt need to follow diet but not strict one..normal food habits... some doc even prefer 6 tyms food habits but lil for evry tym instead of creamy items y dnt u try fruits... nd women in twenties lik us should never feel zero appetizing :D

blindpup10 and beautifullife30 like this.
  3. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

thanks Caide.....

I keep eating fruits everyday...but once in a while cant resist my temptation to sneak in a sweet treat! My bad! cant help!! :nut:

Caide likes this.
  4. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

i am like you i love choco once i decided to hav i will hv at any cost :D

5. bron

bron Silver IL'ite

Oh you guys make me feel bad..i am struggling hard to reduce my post pregnancy weight

Caide likes this.
  6. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Oh man!! I can't believe this coincidence of weight watchers! First I feel you! Im just sitting in the same boat very next to you. My DH has become a health nut and does low carb and high protien diet! Me not so much! I am petite size 00 carb loving mother of 11 month old!
    Here is th catch- I was diagnosed with GD and kicked it successfully!
    So this morning while exercising my DH started to play The South Asian Health Solution. It's an audio book. Listening to it just made me decide to eat healthy or I can say I tried !! I gobbled 2 muffins and 1 kajjaya! Everytime I ate those sweets -voice inside my brain tells me i am just starting 30's no need to cut down!!
    It is such a struggle!
    So, the book highly recommends south Asians to stick to low carb diet as early as possible because genetically we are pre-disposed towards heart disease and diabetes!
    It is truly a struggle! Hopefully I can cut down on sweets from tomorrow. You should read the book or Listen to it.

beautifullife30 and Caide like this.
  7. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

it happens ma even my frnd facing same prob you are following your own diet or following physicians prescription?

bron and blindpup10 like this.
  8. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

:( cut sweets ????? :weary::weary::weary::weary:

blindpup10 likes this.
  9. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

I know! The hardest of all

Caide likes this.
  10. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

Cant i follow diet after i get married ??? :(:crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2: