1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My very first Blog - Childless Couples

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by bhuvanhan, Dec 16, 2009.

1. bhuvanhan

bhuvanhan Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am not very good at writing, but want to improve my skill. So this is the first blog I am posting online. Kindly forgive me if any mistakes found.
    I would like to talk about childless couples. Every family in these modern times has at least one couple childless, due to various reasons. In some cases, the couples themselves decide to be childless, but I am talking about the ones who are biologically deprived of having a child.
    I am married happily for the past 16 years and do not have any Kids. So I would like to share my feelings with other childless couple on IL and I would invite them to share their experiences and feeling here, and also express how they have overcome this longing of not having a child.
    When I say, I do not have any children; I used to feel very uncomfortable, till a few years back. But it has become a routine, and now a day I do not feel sad for it.
    Everybody is worried about who will take care of them in future, but these days, all most every house has single child, and we see so many people living alone, and spending time with their spouses in their old age, as their child stays away from them somewhere very far, or their children are not interested in having their parents with them. So not having a child is almost the same as having a child and staying away from him/her.
    My suggestion to childless couples, try to be a positive and always believe the what-ever God does is good for us. Have a positive approach towards life. You have no one to answer to but each other, yet as you're probably aware, someone is bound to ask why. Because it's nobody's business, all you need to say is, "my spouse and I felt it was the best choice for us." If someone persists or tries to make you feel guilty, excuse yourself from the conversation. There's always one or two in the crowd who are too ignorant to understand, but remind yourself that your happiness is not in their hands, it's in your own. Always remember “Happiness is more than just that smiley feeling, It’s also feeling a connection to something larger than yourself. When people are in service to something bigger, they describe their lives as filled with meaning. It’s not the smiley face, but when it’s all over, you realize you’d do it again.”
    All your comments please.:bowdown

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear bhuvana,
    Have seen you posting in the arts and crafts section.

Welcome to blogs.
    It is so nice that you have discussed your feelings, situation to help out people who are in the same boat.

I agree with you about tackling the every question society.

I know one of my friends sailing in the same boat and she still prays for a miracle.

I pray to god that he blesses all those people who are craving for one of his blessings.

3. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

Dear Bhuvana,

very well said............in this fast moving world it does not make a differnce anyways at the old age its just the couples to live their live........

i do have a cousin of mine who sails n the same boat. she s married for 11 yrs now. initially she used to cry, get depressed when others talk abt that but now god has given her the maturity to face people and say "so what thats why God has given me such a nice husband". she also has a plan to adpot but inlaws & her parents r against it. she s still fighting for that.

If i can ask you did that idea ever struck u. Sorry i have hurt u by asking this.

luv,
    priya

4. SeethaHari

SeethaHari New IL'ite

Dear Bhuvana,

Welcome to the blogging world. First step taken is half the work done. YOu have a clarity of expression and good language.
    Go ahead, and put your thoughts for us to read.
    I wish one day you may become a professional counsellor for others.
    I wish you best of luck and waiting for more writeups .

Best wishes
    SeethaHari

5. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhuvana
    Welcome to blogs and you do write very well.
    A good topic and something I can relate to a lot.
    I have all mixed feelings and opinions about this
    and hesitate to speak up. Hope to get stronger
    like you soon.

6. deepa04

deepa04 Gold IL'ite

dear bhuvana,
    congrats for your first blog entry.
    now i come to your title, there is word in kanadhasan's song " entha manathil pasam vundoo antha maname amma amma" that is nobody should not feel like they are childless.all childrens are ours god gave you a chance to love each and every humanbeings. if the couples have a baby they are the parents for the particular one only, they almost held up with that one child. so don't worry about that.god only knows, that what is next.so enjoy this moment and help others .god may caree over our life.

7. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi a valid topic to start blogging with. I too have in my family a couple who don’t have children. Many of my DH’s friends too are facing problems for conceiving and taking help from docs for treatment. Though it might be difficult for us to accept we do accept it gradually but some people make it a point to bring this topic up and upset the couple, and for such "my spouse and I felt it was the best choice for us." This is the apt reply.

8. bhuvanhan

bhuvanhan Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

Thank you all for your supportive feedback on my first blog.

Priya, no hard feelings, your question is right. We approached many government organisations for adoption, but the process and procedures are too very complicated, let me put it this way, it is easier to carry a child in you womb for 10 months, than going in and adopting one. There are too many formalities to comply with, above all as in your cousins case, if the family members are not co-operating, the process will be denied.

As you all rightly mentioned, motherliness has nothing to do with biological capability.

Knot2share, I am happy that I have motivated you to speak about this. Try to come forward and speak out more and share what ever you feel like, I will try to help you out to become stronger and take this in more positive way. :thumbsup

9. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

Hi Bhuvana

very nice blog & well expressed your feelings. Great to know you in this blog section too.

10. Sheebavinod

Sheebavinod Gold IL'ite

Hi Bhuvana,

beautiful dear and hats off for the approach you have taken. The inner strength that you have developed for yuorself is amazing.God Bless.