1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Unicorn Prince: Chapter 10

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Shalumurthy, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Shalumurthy

Shalumurthy Gold IL'ite

Chapter 10:

Leila froze. It had been a few days before fear overtook her emotions. She was scared. Big hot tears burned her cheeks as she looked at Ranjith. She didn’t find the courage to pull her hand free. She thought of the day Pranav held her hand. She almost shivered at the memory of how he had thrashed her when she decided to pull her hand away from his hold.

Ranjith was traumatized at Leila’s response. He sensed that sadness had covered her beauty like a veil; but he was shaken to see that his mere touch has caused her great grief! He wanted to take her in his arms and soothe her with untold promises. He let go of her hand as soon as he realized that he was not helping her in any way.

Leila was too dazed to speak. She simply moved away without utterly anything. Poorna saw her teary eyed as she returned to the table.

“Hey what’s wrong?” Poorna was sure Leila had a meltdown but she didn’t understand what or who had caused it.

“Nothing. Can we eat?” Leila was not ready to tell her cousin that she can never get out of her depression. Her hurt was too deep and no amount of care or love was able to repair it. Poorna simply nodded as they proceeded to order from the menu.

Ranjith was simply staring at the ladies as they made their order. Leila looked over every now and then. He felt like an intruder; he had to get out of there. He simply bolted out of his office through the back entrance. He decided he was going to go for a long drive to clear his mind and his haunting memories of Leila. They had met by accident and now by fate, but how he could felt so drawn by her was beyond Ranjith’s grasp.

The minute he held her hand, he wanted to hold her forever. Unknown emotions and feelings just flowed into him. It was mystical, it was magical. Ranjith was too stressed out as he shoved his fingers into his hair to calm his bad headache. He had drove quite far and decided to take a break.

He got down from his car, rolled up his sleeves and simply starred into the scenery ahead. Wind played havoc with his hair. His firmly set jaw with sharp eyes was a contrast to the growing storm inside him. It was getting late and Ranjith was sure his dad would worry himself sick. He decided it was time to go back home. He had to take Leila out of his head and make sure he stayed that way.

As Ranjith drove his car along the beautiful mountain slopes, his head ache was getting bolder. What was a mild thumping was now a loud bang. He tried to manage but winced in pain. Just then thick black fog covered his path.

“What the hell’s happening?” Ranjith wondered as he suddenly felt the change in the temperature. It was now ice cold as Ranjith drove into the thick smog. As he was skillfully maneuvering the car, he saw yellow eyes shine brightly at him from a distance.
    “What is that?” Ranjith was now sure that something was terribly wrong.

A hungry black animal with pointed teeth and yellow eyes was running out of nowhere towards Ranjith’s car.

“Oh my God!” Ranjith had to turn the car before the creature jammed into him. The creature with it sharp claws and fierce mouth pounced on Ranjith’s car as he simply turned the steering wheel.

The black fog cleared just in time for Ranjith to realize that he was driving towards the end of the road. He jumped on his brakes before his car toppled in the valley below. His car came to a halt with a screech. Ranjith was sweating profusely.

“What was that? It seemed so real!” Ranjith was rubbing his temples. His heart raced fast as he tried to understand what happened. “Might be I’m over worked!” Ranjith was now more cautious as he gulped down water and drove home straight.

He decided he needed some time with his dad, that would take his mind of things; the café, Leila, the visions, the black fog! Ranjith parked his car behind his dad’s favorite ambassador. He got down and was greeted by Babe’s happy barks.

“Hey, I missed you too!!” Ranjith patted Babe and turned to lock his car and that’s when he saw three distinct scratch mark on the hood of his car! He felt his muscles go stiff as he realized that his encounter with the black hungry creature was no dream.

2. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Scary one with the supernatural thing, Shalumurthy! Keep going!!

3. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Shalu no doubt the narration was amazing and awesome. I just a me to edge of my seat to ensure that ranjit did not end up with an accident but fir his experience in fighting with a creature.... vow U r really superb

4. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

O boy I would die of heart attack...amazing shalu..
    PS

5. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

You have the knack the keep us guessing..wonderful episode again

6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Please please .. where is the next episode .. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
    --PS

7. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Shalu, It was really a scary episode. Pls post next part soon.

8. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Hi Shalumurthy,
    Awesome... Superb narration. :clap2::clap2: ....I liked Babe lol... The twist in Poorna's life is great. World looks really small... Waiting to read more!! Mr. Pranav stay away probably the animal is waiting to pounce at you :rage: waiting for the next update.. Liela stay relaxed and follow your heart.

9. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Hi shalu...Where are you?
    Please continue the story!