My ttc success story of dagu n digu

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ssm014, Sep 13, 2014.

1. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Story of My birth as a mother

My ttc success story has been long pending, but now trying to put my experience in as succinct way as possible

I was married for 6 yrs and ttc since 3 yrs after marriage..due to work stress, poor food habits, obesity in both of us, n less frequency of IC on Ovulation we were finding it difficult to get pregnant

Did 6 IUIs, 1 IVF with no success

We hit the jackpot with our 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] IVF, and now blessed with 2 adorable daughters whom many in this forum know as Dagu n Digu :p

I am sharing what changes we made:
    1) Reduced eating out drastically, no drinks, (dh is non smoker), he started using car instead of bike due to impact on sperm quality
    2) Lotsa greens, sprouts, fruits, healthy bfast, basically fresh food. Eliminated processed stuff like maida, bread, dates, nuts in his diet etc
    3) TTC stress plus work bought about lot of fights..so consciously took a job change with lesser stress
    4) Implemented some of the fertility related vastu tips.. Kept elephant motifs and statues..eg clothes Peg was elephant shaped..elephant shaped accessory in car n so on..(some also suggested keeping pic of pomogrante with open seeds..but I didn’t get to do it)
    5) Kept a nice pic of Krishna as a baby and Yashoda holding him..gave me a lot of positive vibe n hope.
    6) I was looking for a Chinese Buddha statue with 5 children , luckily one colleague happened to give it to me in my new work space..
    7) There is also a separate thread on moonstone, many have benefited, but I hadn’t tried it
    8) Completed long pending visit to DH Kuldevi, also visited Kumbakonam temples..especiaaly Akhilandeshwari and Garbrakhambhigai both (the first temple is specifically for fetus conception n 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] temple if for protection)recd and used the Turmeric sticks and ghee Prasad respectively. GHEE PRASAD works miracles…
    9) There is a Marathi movie which greatly inspired me to visit Ganapatipule..in Konkan coast and that also gave me lot of good vibes there
    10) We also decided to get Lord Ganesha in our home for 1.5 days (as is the norm in many Maharashtrian hoseholds) and served the lord with utmost devotion….in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] year that we had the Lord at home, we were bit upset..all our IUIs till then were a failure…but my SIL made our young niece ask for a cousin to play with in the idol’s ears just before immersion in the river
    11) We had complete trust in our Dr..who was nothing short of God for us…he never prescribed unnecessary tests…esp since all our factors were good. Aftr failure of 1[SUP]st[/SUP] ivf, he prescribed TNF alpha test to see if body treats any embryo as a foreign object and fights it..even though test came negative, he prescribed some steroid type medicine to increase bodys receptivity for implantation
    12) Followed the IVF thread religiously and all the tips given by earlier posters…
    13) also believed in the power of group prayers and used to keep updating the Lucky ttc list regularly. Also special thanks to Saisakthi sister, Saras sister for praying for all TTC ladies..their blessings also helped a lot
    13) used to listen to devotional songs especially during daily commute. like Hanuman Chalisa, Balamukandashtakam (V V Powerful), Kurai Onrum ilai, Skanda Shasti slogam...Also completed the Siddha Mangala strotram given by Saras
    14) Tried keeping fast on every Shasti for Lord Murugan (also very benevolent for fertility matters) but couldn't complete 9 fasts as required..but had my complete faith in him...and he has never let me down..Infact in his prayer there is a line saying Dagu dagu digu digu danku dinku...which shows the lord is coming on his vehicle the Peacock...somehow in this line i would get goosebumps all over my body..hence when we conceived we started calling our twins as Dagu and Digu

Infact Dh who is a North Indian also started praying n believing in Lord Murugan on his own and would often have Murgan devotional songs in his playlist too

By Grace of God, we had limited but good quality eggs in 2nd IVF...the Doctor convinced us to freeze 2 embies and only transfer 1 emby on day 3 ...We were a bit upset as we thot odds of 1 getting implanted are less...still we went ahead with it on a day before my bde, which was a Sat...

on Mon morning called up Drs office and he asked us to come right away for sequential transfer of emby no 2 at 5 day..blastocyst stage ( my Dr vouces for increased success rate by this method)

Just before transfer of this emby, when I was all prepped up with legs up in the air, i asked him how does an emby look like..to which he asked me to get down..(i literally jumped out with my arse showing thru the gown) and went with him to the lab..where I believed i saw my Digu as a cluster of active and fast multiplying cells, at that moment i wanted the kid more than anything else..

I also underwent cervical cerclage in 3rd month as precautionary measure. there were some other complications too..but everything worked out in the end

I delivered prematurely in 31 weeks, with kids in NICU for a month..they are 15ms today, still lag behind in weight but are active and reaching all milestones ..and keeping us on our toes

Every time I look at them I pray that each woman gets the joy of being a mother..and my sincere prayers are to god every time in this regard
    WISH EVERYONE LOADS OF BLESSED BABY DUST

NKR, saktips, VanithaSudhir and 32 others like this.

2. mrithulanaren

mrithulanaren Gold IL'ite

Thanks SSM for penning ur success story and spreading positive vibes.
    God bless dagu n digu n give them hale n healthy life.
    Done with my ET n now 2dp3dt.
    Have not tested for any antibodies but due to my previous miscarriage doctor added heparin inj 20mg daily.

Thanks once again for giving positive hopes.

3. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

ssm,

I am so glad all worked out well in the end..your post gave me tears, as always.. :)

NKR likes this.
  4. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Thanks SSM for penning your journey. Its indeed inspiring and keeps the ray of hope within us ladies in ttc way burning and alive.

God bless your kids with best of health.

Meera

5. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

Congratulations for your little bundles of joy...Dagu and Digu..:) Reading these posts gives lots of positive energy for me and to all the women who are trying to conceive.

6. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Wow! So nice to read a thread from you after a long time ssm, and that too such a positive one. I so glad you shared your story and shared the tips, which im sure will help many people. But above all your story gives hopes that our prayers get answered and wishes are granted, only sometimes it takes more time:)
    Lots of love and blessings to little ones:kiss

7. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Ssm014,

:welcome back, Hope Dagu and Digu are doing fine, I was many times thinking twins are keeping you busy that is why we don't see you here, but some said now many are in FB and that she may be in that group too.

You are always in my mind, and keep praying for you, will add more later as I am just on some other errand but could resist myself responding atleast a line, but wrote more.

I would be happy to see Dagu and Digu if Baba wishes so, May Baba bless your home always, Thanks for the thread, SAIRAM

2 people like this.
  8. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

I love reading these ttc success stories. Fills me with hope and joy and believe in God's miracle.

I pray that God bless every woman going through the heart breaking journey while ttc with a happy ending.

9. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dear ssm,

Nicely written, and hugs to your dagu and digu.. Loved their pet names!

10. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

very inspiring, by the way which doc did you consult when you were in blr