My Trip To Thiruvannamalai With My Boy!

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Swethasri, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Admin: Please move this thread to an appropriate place if this is not the one. Thank you!

Dear dear all,

I would like to share my divine experience about my trip to Thiruvannamalai with my Boy who has spl needs that many of you know.

I was longing for many months to go to Thiruvannamalai. It was a wednesday and the next day was holiday for schools and office so I told my husband that i want to go to Thiruvannamalai tommorow (Thursday), he was hesitant to send me alone with my Boy so told me to wait so that we can all go together but I said I cant wait anymore . The reason for hesitation is that I not only want to just go to the temple but also do girivalam!!. He was so worried that how I will manage with my Boy in the hot weather.... I told i will keep auto dont worry...

A little bit about my Boy.. he dont like crowd, waiting, standing in a queue for a long time, long walks if puts in those situations he will start crying, yelling and shouting since he is non verbal.

Thursday very early in the morning husband dropped me in the bus stand and I am in the bus to Thiruvannamalai. landed in there around 11.45. Not much crowded so was able to get the dharshan of Annamalaiyaar and Unnamulaiamman with in an hour. till that I was not thinking much about the girivalam that means not a big plan and all. While doing the Goddess darshan, a middle aged lady who has one of goddess name started conversation with me after seeing me having hard time managing my Boy. The lady was asking from where you are coming...how old is your son and all that general talks. I told her I am very new to this place and this is my first time visit to the temple and also I am going to do girivalam. She asked me, will your son walk? I said, no he wont walk all the way, I am planning to keep an auto so that he can sit inside the auto and I can do the girivalam.

To my very surprise, She took the whole responsibility of arranging an auto for me. She said please dont say to any auto man that you are new to this place otherwise they will squeeze money from you. I will call our regular auto person he is very much trustable person and he will take very good care of your son and he will follow you while you do the girivalam!!! I am stunned like from where this lady came .......... she immediately called the auto man and asked him to come to the temple,we three shared our phone numbers, he came around 2 in the afternoon by the time we finished our lunch and we are all set to start the GIRIVALAM. My Boy was happily sat inside the auto listening to all his favorite slokas and music. It took 3 hours and 25 mins for me to do the girivalam. No halt any where except 5 mins to have tea. There are no words to describe the experience. I am very much attracted to this holy place feeling to go again and again and again

Very important thing is Thiruvannamalai is an AGNISTHALAM but on thursday it turned out super cool weather and it was literally raining for the first 2 hours of my girivalam with my barefoot which is another fantastic thing.

Then When I reach the Rajagopuram it was 5.45. Again went in for Annamalaiyaar darshan. Abhishekam was going so waited for 15 - 20 mins and then they opened the screen with beautiful Alankaaram with all devotees saying ANNAMALAIYAARUkku Arohara ANNAMALAIYAARUkku Arohara ANNAMALAIYAARUkku Arohara ANNAMALAIYAARUkku Arohara ANNAMALAIYAARUkku Arohara ANNAMALAIYAARUkku Arohara it was such a feeling that i was unable to stand there..... tears rolling uncontrollably ........................ Me and my boy was standing next to garbhagraham since there was no crowd. we were just around 20 people. I gave rudraksham to the priest to keep it in HIS feet. He gave it back with Vibhuthi prashad and I tied it for my Boy.

By 6.30 I was in the bus to go back to banaglore taking so much divine memories with me. Again to my surprise The Lady who helped me called me to enquire how everything was. I said a big THANKS to her.
    I reached bangalore at 12.20 my husband picked me up :)

ARUNACHALA ARUNACHALA!!

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swetha,
    We visited Tiruvannamalai temple, Sri Ramana Maharshi Ashram in 2008 and have good memories. May Lord Arunachaleswar shower his blessings on us.

3. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for sharing your experience @Swethasri Glad you had a fulfilling experience, could feel your emotions your pure desire helped you to achieve it.

Never been there,, now I want to go too.

4. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for sharing. As if the Devi sent someone to guide you and make it as the pleasant experience with your son.

5. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Divine experience gives a moral boost for sure.
    Keep visiting Temples other spiritual places.

6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing your divine experience. May God bless your family.

7. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Reading your post itself brings goosebumps. I totally agree ma'am the spiritual feeling when we participate in the girivalam is really one of the unforgettable moments. I have been twice to the temple and now waiting (yearning) for another chance :)

Thanks for sharing your experience. May god bless you and your family. Best wishes for your prayers to come true.

GeetaKashyap likes this.