My Trip to the most beautifull Hindu Temple In the World

Discussion in 'Travel' started by LuckiestLadkhi, Aug 19, 2010.

1. LuckiestLadkhi

LuckiestLadkhi Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Recently i and my hubby visited Yogjakarta or Jogjakarta in Indonesia. The unique combination of ancient temples, history, traditions, culture, and natural forces make Yogyakarta worth to visit. We started our journey on 14th Aug 2010 from Malaysia we transit in Jakarta the capital of Indonesia where we were join by my best friend and also her hubby n lovely daughter Ishani to Yogjakarta airport.

The booking of the accomodation and transport was done by my friends hubby as they are staying in Jakarta,Indonesia. We stayed in a 3 star hotel in Maliboro Street. It just 5min minutes walk from shopping cheap sourveniors and also batik (traditional malay cloth). We reached yogjakarta around 3pm. So rest of the day we spent shoppin. The next day after having breakfast the 5 of us were taken to Prambanan Temple.

The temple was build 1100 years ago. Prambanan temple is extraordinarily beautiful building constructed in the tenth century during the reigns of two kings namely Rakai Pikatan and Rakai Balitung. Soaring up to 47 meters (5 meters higher than Borobudur temple), the foundation of this temple has fulfilled the desire of the founder to show Hindu triumph in Java Island. This temple is located 17 kilometers from the city center, among an area that now functions as beautiful park.

Prambanan temple has three main temples in the primary yard, namely Vishnu, Brahma, and Shiva temples. Those three temples are symbols of Trimurti in Hindu belief. All of them face to the east. Each main temple has accompanying temple facing to the west, namely Nandini for Shiva, Angsa for Brahma, and Garuda for Vishnu. Besides, there are 2 flank temples, 4 kelir temples and 4 corner temples. In the second area, there are 224 temples.

We were so facinated but the structure of the Temple as the were no cement used to build just rock matching each other. You can see the pictures.Prambanan also has panels of relief describing the story of Ramayana. Experts say that the relief is similar to the story of Ramayana that is told orally from generation to generation.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010

2. mamtarani

mamtarani New IL'ite

Re: My Trip to te most beautifull Hindu Temple In the World

nice and i feel like iam seeing a virtual tour of the yogjakarta...pls.do load some fotos....

3. LuckiestLadkhi

A piture of Vishnu Statue

Attached Files:

4. LuckiestLadkhi

The 1st picture is the stone which used to build the temple 2nd is Brahma's statue and 3rd is the image of thewhole temple.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  5. LuckiestLadkhi

Hope the reader's would enjoy the story and also the picture. Will continue with the visit to The Borobudur, ancient buddhist temple which symbolise 10 stages of life.

Luv,
    Suzanne

Attached Files:

6. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Think you had a best time in Indonesia.Thanks for sharing the pic too.

7. LuckiestLadkhi

Hi Mamta,

Hope u will enjoy the picture's also. Thanx for your fb.

Luv,
    Suzanne

8. LuckiestLadkhi

Hi Latha,

Yes... I did have a splendid time in Yogjakarta. It was like going back to the past. The city was full of ancient temples from the influence of Hindu and Buddhism. Thanx for ur fb.

Luv,
    Suzanne

9. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing.Amazing to see such a temple.

10. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Hi Luckyladki........your travelogue and the pictures took me on a virtual tour to this ancient temple land......thanks for sharing your memories !!