1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Translation of Osho's Book Released - I Seek Your Blessings!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jan 7, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpavalli,
    Thanks for your kind wishes. And your blessings too.
    Love,

2. varalotti

Dear Sri,

You can bless me because a) anyday you are a better writer than me and b) you are elder to me (not only in age)

In a way this assignment was a blessing for me. But for the translation I would not have read the book with so much intensity. On many days I have lost sleep - not because I did not know the equivalent Tamil words, but because of the explosive matter contained in the book.

Designing the backcover was a last minute decision of the publisher. After I couriered the manuscript, he called me and wanted to do the back cover in an hour and email it to him. If I had been given three, four days time for that work, I might have messed up with the work. Because the time was so short, I furiously went through the book and picked up those passages which disturbed me the most.

Sri, two things tell me that this book is going to be a success. Number one, your personal visit to this forum and your kind blessings, which I will cherish so long as I live.

Second: there is an Osho lover (I should say Osho fanatic) who can't read English. But an voracious reader in Tamil. As soon as Kavitha releases the book, he would buy a copy and would finish reading that in one night. He read this book and told Kavitha people that he had never read such a "hot" book of Osho.

Thanks for your kind wishes, Sri. And thanks for your blessings.

Love,

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    today I had been to the fair again and bought the 4 books which were not with me. Osho's translation is also available.
    I also met our Malathy Jagan there and had directed her to the stall. She seems to have forgotten the publisher's name. She too would have got the book.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2008
  4. varalotti

Dear Varloo,
    Thanks a lot. For your time. For buying the books and for guiding Malathi Jagan.
    Just go through the book and let me know what do you feel about the book.
    regards,

5. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Varalotti,

Congratulations, on one more good work at the start of this New Year. :hatsoff
    This shows that you have had a great start this year and I wish it is great for you and yours throughout the year.

Though I haven't read any Osho's work, I have heard the goodness of his books. Your translation of it in Tamil is going to be a boon to Osho's readers.

Regards,
    Malathy

6. varalotti

Hello Malathy,

Thanks a lot for the message. It is very kind of you to have spared time amongst your busy schedule to reply to this work.

While accepting the kind words you have spoken so gracefully, I have to here remember the confidence and the inspiration that IL gave me all along. I have been writing since 1998 and I joined IL only in 2005. And it was only in 2006 did I get the confidence to publish my books.

And today IL is my home, a place where I turn to if I have anything good to tell or even something bad to share with. (example I Lost thread)

Thanks for everything,
    regards,

7. iindus_17

iindus_17 New IL'ite

HI Varalotti,
    ALL THE BEST!!!!

8. varalotti

Thanks a lot, IIndus.
    love,

9. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Hello Sridhar!
    I took time off to visit the book fair and almost missed finding your book on Osho! As I was planning to return home with the thougt of returning another day (which may have been remote) , I had the good fortune of meeting Varloo! She came from behind and patted me on my back!I looked back and was pleasantly surprised to find her there! She said that she was on a second days visit to the fair. Then I asked her whether your book on Osho had been released and she answered in the positive. Then I went all the way back to Kavitha publication stall and asked the sales staff specifically for that book and I got it! I was so happy that I had been able to get it on that day itself! Other than this book I bought a lot more of various authors. When I went through a few pages of your book I realised that I had read the original one too! But I plan to read it all over again in Tamil,the Tamil version by 'VARALOTTI RANGASWAMI'! I loved the contents of thge book when I read it the very first time in English. And all my negative impressions about Osho which I had got from the print media and other sources were wiped out in one go! What a GREAT MAN he was and how badly he was projected! That was when I learnt that I should believe nothing till I myself have first hand experience.
    I shall post my fb about the book after reading it.
    Regards,
    Malathi

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

You are off to a good start this year, Sir.
    :hatsoff
    Keep it up!

sriniketan