1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Translation of Osho's Book Released - I Seek Your Blessings!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jan 7, 2008.

1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

CONGRATSULATIONS! It is great news that your translation is released......will wait to buy our copy when someone comes from india soon. I too like to read Osho, though he is somewhat a different thinker. He seems to have a set of followers here in germany, some who have changed their names, ways etc and live by Osho's sayings.Awaiting to get hold of the books.

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    Heartiest Congratulations to you on the release of your new book! Praying to Almighty to Bless you with success on all your endeavours!
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

I could not read the attachment as we had not installed the adobe reader after our recent computer crash.
    Your question made me install it and now have read your intro.
    Sure it is provocative, but, it goes with the name Osho! Most people know him for what he advocates, free love being one of them. Besides, the intro surely awakens the curiosity of any casual lay person browsing through the books.
    As for me, I have not read books by Osho, short articles perhaps and excerpts. But you have now surely prodded my curiosity too, I may read it one of these days. But not the Tamil version, sorry. I could not understand many words in that short intro attachment! Don't be disappointed with me, my Tamil has surely gone rusty. :(

L,Kamla

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lalitha,
    Thanks for the clarification. But in this case the original was in English. The original was a transcript of the exact words spoken by Osho himself.
    That's why I said that there is no way my work can be translated into English again.
    I have published one book in English through a self-publishing website. lulu.com. Please go through this link.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/v...t-serial/9908-good-news-seek-your-wishes.html

I would love to do that, Lalitha. But apart from time, what I need is a good English publisher who will put them on the block.
    Let's see.
    Thanks once again.
    love,

5. varalotti

Dear Janani,
    Thanks for the post and for the title "Ezuthu Puyal". I think now I am with Vadivelu who got the epithet "Vaigai Puyal" because he belongs to our place.
    Thanks for your kind wishes, Janani.
    regards,

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar
    It is customary for the ardent admirers of Selvi.Jayalalitha to wish her whenever an opportunity for that arises with the words, "Vazhtha vayadillai. Vanangugirom" (we are not old enough to wish you; hence we pay our obeisance to you!)
    But I can bless you because I have the one and only qualification of being elder to you.
    It is not easy to write a 'bashyam' to Osho's works. It is even more difficult to translate them in another language. I was stunned by the contents of the backcover. It has been written so skillfully that it will be difficult to resist acquiring the book. That is your inherent talent, Sri. The thirst for knowledge that you generate in us is far greater than the thirst for water which all the arid deserts of the world would generate in a weary traveller.
    I wish you the very best in your literary pursuits!
    Sri

7. varalotti

Dear Chithra,

Thanks, first for the fb post and more importantly for buying the book immediately and even more importantly for finishing 1/3rd of the book.
    I know by heart Chithra, what chapters you would have chosen. I only wish I had more time today so that I can send you a pm giving the names of the chapters you would have most probably chosen. Believe me, I enjoyed writing those chapters though their translation was a little tougher than the rest.

My sister is an ardent follower of Osho. When I talked to her about my assignment she told me on my face, "Sridhar, till now all Tamil translations of Osho are boring. Do something about that."
    That made me enter into the psyche of a Tamil reader and take enormous liberties with the original text. In a few A jokes in the book, Osho talks of Sophia Loren and Marylin Monroe. I took the liberty and changed the names to Nameetha and Nayanthara. Not that I have any particular preferences for these ladies (as my wife is sure to read this post, I have to say this, at least outwardly) but when a reader comes across a name closer to home, he is sure to understand the message that is buried in that profane joke.

One more thing that Osho taught me was not to translate with your head. I did have half a dozen lexicons and dictionaries apart from the on-line ones and apart from the guidance note given by the Osho Foundation. But I looked for a word only when my flow came to a halt. Otherwise whatever my hearted to say in a flow, I didn't disturb.

Thanks once again for the nice words, Chithra. Complete the balance two thirds and let me see whether I still deserve your words of praise.

Love,

8. varalotti

Dear Sudha,

Thanks. Seeing your eagerness I want to fly to Frankfurt now with the book for your use. (of course if you sponsor the travel, ha ha ha)

If you have not read Osho before, this is a good book to start with. It is one of his 'tough' books. The only pre-requisite that we need is an open mind. You cannot approach Osho with the thought that you are a Hindu, Indian, woman, mother, or any such thing.

Once you get tucked into Osho, it is very difficult to come out. But there is no need to come out.

regards,

9. varalotti

Dear Vidya,
    Thanks. Osho is not only a level headed clear thinker, but also a very daring thinker. His is not just out of the box thinking, but out of everything thinking. He holds nothing in reverence except love and truth.

Thanks for the role played by you in the making of this book. You gave me enthusiasm precisely at the moment I needed it. Thanks once again for everything.

regards,
    sridhar

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  10. varalotti

Dear Kamla,

Thank you for installing Adobe for reading my book's backcover. My original version was even more provocative, but my publisher wanted a little more restraint and I had to tone it down.

Osho is advocating free love but not free sex or licentiousness. He has some points against the institution of marriage which is the highlight of this book.

If you want to read the English Original, ask for The Book Of Man by Osho.

Thanks once again.
    Love,