My top 10 women

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Tamildownunder, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

10. Jayalalitha: A single woman, who can challenge other male dominated politics. Amazing Courage and confidence! (I am not involved in Politics)

09. Aishwarya Rai: Not glorifying her image, she has turned the global entertainment industry towards Brand India. She is inspiration for many girls to expand their horizons out of India. I agree that she could do more to the society with her image.

08. Indhira Gandhi: Last charismatic Indian woman, I admire her because of her boldness

07. Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw: Founder, Chairman of Biocon which one of the top 10 companies in India. Role model for entrepreneurs

06. Arundhati Roy: The Goddess of small country who won the Booker Prize.

05. Jhansi Rani: There are many women freedom fighters, but, I pick one of them (I consider she is brave and selfless) to lead the group.

04. Medha Patkar: You can speak at length, write but being with people and fighting for them is a great achievement!

03. Barkha Dutt: She is my favourite journalist for her thoughts and courage.

02. Middle class Indian mother: (like my mother) They compromise a lot on their lives, they don't get what they want. Yet, they raise good citizens. Without them, nothing exists.

01. Mother Theresa: The greatest woman I know making me wish I am born like her in my next birth.

2. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

I liked the first two the most.

Madhu

3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi,

thanks for posting bold women's of india

bye

4. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

nice post!

even Barkha dutt is my favourite

--sreelatha

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I am sure,for everyone, their mother has a spot in the Top 10 women of their life.
    sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  6. Tamanna12

Tamanna12 New IL'ite

i agree our moms also the best .

7. Tamildownunder

Thanks to madhu12, padmatvt, sriniketan, slp807 and tamanna12 for appreciating and sharing your opinions in this post.

Regards,

TDU

1 person likes this.
  8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear TDU...

A nice selection. By selecting the 'middle class Indian mother' as one of your top ten, you have included a vast number of women in your list. Quite clever!
    Let me do one up on that...My list would include...Mother!

L, Kamla

9. Tamildownunder

Dear Kamala,

Thanks for the appreciation to my selection of top 10 women. Your selection of mother (mother of Arbindo ashram in Pondicherry?) is very good. But, my selection was based on representation in different fields and ofcourse if I make the list as my top 20 women mother, Kiran Bedi, Chinnapillai ( whose feet was touched by the then PM Vajpayee), Nargis Dutt, Sarojini Naidu, Kastoori Bai, Kalpana Chawla, M.S. Subbalakshmi, Sakuntala Devi and Vijayalakshmi Pandit will take thier due places. I will be glad to know if there are more women of repute.

Regards,

TDU

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear TDU,

Must say you have a very good selection, most of them are stars in their own right. MSS has a very special place in my heart. I was the only Indian in about 200kms radius of Europe and had no Indian friends or access to anything Indian those days! It was MSS' s music and shloka renditions that kept me grounded and kept leading me to the path of spirituality. A true mother to me. I am forever indebted to that great lady.
    As for the ' Mother', no TDU, I did not mean the Mother in Pondicherry, I mean the Mother as in every woman, every mother! Is she any less or second to anyone? Will not each and every mother give her all to her little helpless baby? :) It is that mother I meant, nevermind if she is Indian, American, European, African or Chinese:)

L, Kamla