1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My tiny part in spreading awareness about eye donation!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Varloo, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo
    What a wonderful job you have done. and that to for this job you had the information at your fingertipsBow.
    There are so many people there who doesn't know about the facilities that the government provides these poorer section. I think for that man it might have been the most happiest moment in his life.
    God bless you dear..........

2. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hi Varloo,
    Bow. Great, very kind of u to help the old man .God blessings will always be there

love,
    latha

3. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Varaloo,
    :bowdown:clap:clap:clap for your timely help.

God bless you!!!!

take care.

regards,
    sreelata.s

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo
    Thats a great thing you did !! Also you had such info and remembered to use it so wisely..

Both my inlaws eyes were donated after death. You have to call the donation center as soon I think there is a number of hours before which this should be done.
    They even gave us a certificate. Here is the U.S you can choose to be an organ donor and that info is saved on your drivers license. so imm. it will be taken care of.

Glad you wrote about this and inspring others too.

5. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Dear Varloo,
    :bowdown:bowdown to you.God bless you and your family.

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,
    first of all my apologies for not responding to you individually. I nearly forgot about this thread actually, as my son's exams are going on. Then I suddenly stumbled on it.
    I thank each and every one of you for your kind words. I have been a blood donor from age 17. The first time was for my sister, her operation was delayed as ours is a rare group and donation was not known those days. So me and my elder brother both donated for her. After that, I have donated a few times, mostly only when the need comes-this is because mine is rare group and the blood bank people advised me not to give unnecesarily.
    Then as per my sister's wish, we donated her eyes after her death. There was no difference after the donation on the body. So we in the family had decided to donate, every one of us.
    Now we hear about the donation of the body also for research purposes. I intend to do that also. But that involves some process, it seems.
    TO DONATE EYES- CALL THE EYE BANK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ONCE THE PERSON IS ANNOUNCED DEAD BY A DOCTOR. THE EYES SHOULD BE REMOVED WITHIN 6 HOURS OF DEATH. TILL THE EYE BANK PEOPLE COME, TRY TO KEEP THE EYES COOL BY KEEPING A BAG OF ICE OVER A CLOTH KEPT OVER THE EYES.
    Eye donation can be made even if that person has not given his consent in paper, only that close realtives should not object. So friends, do try to help those waiting for sight as much as you could.

7. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Great Job Varloo :bowdown

8. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Hi all

I am viewing this thread after a long time..

I have recently joined the Rotary club in Chennai and yesterday we had a symposium on eye donation.

I have bought a couple of forms back with me and if anybody is interested in registering for eye donation, please do PM me.

I shall arrange for the forms to be sent to you.

thanks everybody

Bhooma