1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Ten Commandments

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swathi27, Oct 25, 2015.

1. swathi27

swathi27 Silver IL'ite

I hereby in my conscious sensible sense will give my best to achieve the below pledge for my betterment

1. Will continue to write with passion without worrying about the number of likes and definitely not with a 'cynic hat' but with a confident 'writers hat'.
    2. Will getup everyday with fresh challenges, fresh thoughts and with a smile.
    3. Will smile and pass my happiness to at least one passerby.
    4. Will not allow my day to be spoilt if I do not get an acknowledging smile.
    5. Will be immune to negative comparisons, cynicism when in conversation with unfriendly friends and likely antagonist of the most of the DILs.
    6. Will not complain about thyroid, or any other hormonal imbalances for my laziness.
    7. Will concentrate on only one work at a time, cook like a chef tasting along the way, house cleaning like helpers room by room.
    8. Will treat myself like a queen, sitting in the balcony, enjoying all that the nature has to offer sipping a cup of coffee, at least for an hour irrespective of how bad the day was.
    9. Will count till 10 with all 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4ths in between when I am about to explode with anger.
    10. Will enjoy each and every moment by living in the moment and embracing all that life has to offer without worrying about the past or the future.

4 people like this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Swathi,

Excellent goals and thanks for sharing them with us. Keep smiling as it is contagious.
    I have only one suggestion to make. Make all future tense to present tense and you are all set. Whatever you focus your attention on, it should happen today and not tomorrow.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  3. RamyaMusic

RamyaMusic Silver IL'ite

All the best Swathi.. :)

4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Swathi,
    Very nice madam.Always self imposed discipline builds something like aura around us protecting us as shield and infuses lot of self confidence.It constructs a security or law enforcing force within us. Whenever we err or even tend to err, that security guard draws a lakshman Rekha and does not allow us to transgress the self made principles.That is the major difference between enforced and self imposed discipline.
    It is good that youngsters have started building this type of fort of discipline.
    Wonderful.keep it up Swathi.

jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  5. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

All the best dear

6. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

good..all the best dear.
    i will take 2,6 and 10 one.... :)

i think you should one more at last....
    will not give up with any commandments ...LOL just kidding