1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Take On Kabali

Discussion in 'Movies' started by beautifullife30, Aug 3, 2016.

1. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

I know that there are already a lot of Kabali reviews doing rounds here. But unfortunately not even a single one justifies what I felt when I watched the movie.

So Kabali is a bit of let down...or so people said. My husband refused to book the tickets initially ... he wanted to wait and check the reviews. I didn't mind. But I kept hearing or reading mixed reviews.

Finally when I did get a chance to watch the movie, I sat in the theatre and started watching, I was in for a pleasant surprise.

I loved the movie. Kabali is not your regular hero bashes up all kind of gangster movie. It is a story of a gangster who is back from a jail sentence of 25 years. It is story of a don who is yet to come in terms with the changes that had happened in 25 years.

I found the story pace a bit slow. Yes! But isn't that how it is supposed to be for an aging gangster. Rajini's action was awesome. Special mention here is the emotional scenes. The scenes where he talks about his wife and his child. The romance was just too good for me.

What can be more romantic than a husband wishing for his wife, thinking about his wife and living his life the way she would like him to live even when she isn't nearby?

The reunion scene was just too intense. I had tears in my eyes. I loved it every bit. Sucked up every scene where they lead couple look and romanticize. It was all conveyed through looks, simple gestures.

Now, its been three days since I watched the movie but I still cant seem to get a few scenes from the movie out of my head.

Some things could have been better. The taking, direction ...etc.

I liked the realistic aspect of the story. The story never once showed Rajini as the infallible hero. This hero suffers bullets, is stumped into inaction sometimes due to circumstances, is left wondering or reminiscing about he past......My kind of hero. Not the god fallen on Earth types! Thank god for that. Yes, I did love Rajini in Padaiyappa, Basha, Shivaji, etc...But this one is special to me.

I liked the ending as well. It did upset me initially. I could later on understand the reasons behind it. Isn't it how its supposed to be .... real time?

Positives:
    Rajini's acting
    Romance
    Lead ladys' acting
    Realistic story

Negatives:
    Direction
    Songs could have been better...they were good situational songs. But I cant seem to hum any of them!

Rajkum846, Kamla, jskls and 6 others like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

A nice review - all these days I had found it difficult to express what you have done now.

Could have been better but anyways it is a worth watch.

jskls and beautifullife30 like this.
  3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

You know I always talk quite straight and in a frank way, hope that's ok... but stupid movie except for one or two emotional scenes where he acted well. What a stupid movie. I really had hoped it would be a better movie.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  4. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha
    Now I have lost interest in seeing that movie at all. Not that I am dying to see movies. But I was thinking of watching it.
    So will take my own time to see it after reading your opinion.

5. beautifullife30

That's all right! I know a section of people couldn't relate to the story and felt it not so good!

The past few Rajini movies were a big let down like the Lingaa and Kochadaiyan. Couldn't bear to watch those.

Comparatively this was good. I liked it! :blush:

6. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I loved the movie too. The first 30 minutes was fiery and wow .
    Those lunch scenes and too many villains was a drag .
    overall its definitely not as bad as all the reviews are stating. Its an excellent movie for a movie-critic , as well as a Rajini fan.

beautifullife30 likes this.
  7. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

I agree with your review completely....my views are also the same

beautifullife30 likes this.
  8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello @beautifullife30 !

I am visiting this forum after a long time ! I saw his post appearing on the side lines as I logged in and was curious to know what our IL'ites were saying about Kabali...daa!! :)

One of my friend too went and watched the movie and said they were pleasantly surprised to find themselves liking the movie. Not that I was going to watch it for the tickets were 30 dollars here and I don't think I will pay that much for a movie even if it was excellent! I cannot understand the feverish excitement of Rajnikant's fans to see the movie first day first show never mind how the movie is and nevermind how expensive the tickets are!!

Now, thanks to you, I may watch it if and when it is shown on TV!

Like your review style! You write much better than many who write reviews for magazines!!

L, Kamla

vaidehi71 and beautifullife30 like this.
  9. beautifullife30

yay!!!

ME too a Rajini fan! :beer-toast1:

10. beautifullife30

Hi Kamla ma'am

Thanks a lot for your kind words.

I am glad my review is going to make you watch the movie. Its just that the movie kind of made me feel very good - even days after watching it.

First Day first show is purely to show off to others :grinning-smiley-048: not to watch the movie. Truth be told, we cant even follow what's going on the screen for all the noise that people keep making. I used to book tickets like that earlier but not worth the money actually since you end up watching the movie in theatre again to understand the movie. and 30$ is quite expensive.

Guess TV is the next best option! maybe this Diwali we can expect the movie to premiere in TV :D

Kamla likes this.