My Struggle And Success Story

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by divyarnair, Nov 28, 2017.

1. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

I wanted to inform you that I was blessed with a baby boy after 6.5years of TTC.

Initially after trying without success for 6 months I met a gynecologist who did some tests and found that I have abnormal thyroid TSH level of 14. Then I was referred to an endocrinologist who adjusted my dose and we continued trying . However My thyroid levels kept fluctuating . Another year passed and I met new gynecologist she suggested to start with clomid for ovulation and I had follicular study. However another few months passed without any results . Now doctor suggested to do IUI. We did 2 IUI both failed . I was very disappointed. Next doctor suggested laparoscopy . I did that too in December 2012 however nothing was found and tried naturally for some months . Now I was fed up of all this medical procedures. Doctor suggested to do IVF. I was not mentally prepared for IVF. I always thought I will get pregnant naturally and I was only 27 years old . I wanted to do IVF only after 30 years .I thought I will take some Ayurveda medicines . Another 6 months of Ayurveda followed . It is difficult because for that you need to have good diet control like no non veg . Soon I got fed up of that because of all smelly medicines . Then I went to a fertility doctor and she found I had developed PCOS .Also my AMH was 2.1..She gave medicines and vitamin tablets and after taking them for 2-3 months I became pregnant naturally. My BHCG level was 54 and it was on a lower side. Doctor told to repeat in 4 days but it fell to 17 . Soon I got bleeding and it was over , However I felt relieved that I could get pregnant.I continued follicular study and clomid cycles . So between all this I turned 30 years of age and now I thought enough is enough and I was now mentally prepared for IVF journey.

So like most people I thought IVF gives quick results . I was wrong . It was a start of a journey that drained us emotionally and financially. So I went to one of the best clinics in our city . It was 40 Kms from my home . Initially that doctor suggested to start with some herbal Ayurvedic medicines to improve egg quality . My AMH level was 0.2 .After 2 months of medicines I started my injections for egg retrieval cycle.I had to travel everyday 40 Kms to and fro just to get the shots. Thanks to my husband who managed his work and my teammates in office who helped me to manage my work. So I was admitted for the ICSI aspiration. 14 eggs were retrieved. 7 got fertilized only 5 were good quality to freeze. I had bad cramping pains after egg retrieval and for few days after discharge .Later I went for scan and found that I got OHSS. So I was admitted again and given medicines.

So after 3 months I was given date for FET. This again involves numerous scans to check endometrial thickness .Also swab from cervix is checked for any infection . Another procedure called coring is also done .Luckily my thickness was good enough for FET and we prepared for it . I was admitted a day before. Now they kept 2 embryos out of 5 for thawing. Luckily both were multiplying cells after 24 hours and 2 embryos were transferred.if the embryos don’t multiply during thawing , it will not be transferred.it is discarded.After procedure I made sure I got enough rest . My mother came to help me and I took 2 weeks leave from office . I was very excited that I am going to be pregnant. So we went early morning for the BHCG test to hospital.Doctor told me that the test has come out negative. I felt shocked . All this for nothing ? I cried a whole night and got bad migraines. I felt that I can’t face my husband . As if it was my fault . Now my mother was telling me that I used my mobile too much and radiation must have affected etc. I really felt suicidal .

So it took me sometime to come out of that grief. But I had 3 embryos left . So after 2 months I met doctor again and prepared again for FET. This time they gave me an intra uterine HCG injection before FET . Same procedure followed. 2 embryos were transferred.I took leave again and did lot of bedrest. This FET also failed . Now I was kind of depressed . I didn’t know what to do . My parents blamed my lifestyle and eating out etc . I was not overweight . All through this my husband was my pillar of support.

After few months 3rd FET happened and 1 embryo was transferred which failed as well . This was the lowest point in my life . I hated my life . I lost interest in my job . My husband was getting transferred to USA and this was a perfect time for a break for me . I quit my job . Before traveling to US I discussed my possibilities with doctor. Given my low AMH they told that I could find success after 2-3 IVF .So I thought I will do one more ICSI.So I was suggested to do a panchakarma treatment for improving egg quality . It was for 15 days with strict diet control . I had to stay at hospital for this .

I had my egg retrieval done in Jan 2016 . Only 6 oocytes were retrieved this time and all were fertilized and only 4 were good quality to be frozen . In feb I travelled with my husband to US . I took great care of my diet by eating organic and did excercise religiously. Later in September 2016 We returned to India for a vacation. I also planned my next FET oct 2016. Now had turned 32 years old . I had developed 0 % hope . I just wanted to finish this treatment because I was already reading about adoption and stuff online. So I was admitted oct 23 2016 for FET . All 4 embryos were thawed. 2 embryos were transferred and 2 were discarded.I was discharged and I went home and took rest . November 3 2016 - I returned for BHCG test . I had fasting blood sugar and PPBS test as well that day . I was in lab for PPBS test when my mother came crying to me with my result . It was my BHCG positive with value 150.

At this point I was not sure what I was feeling . I was prepared for anything. I knew it was too early to celebrate. I could not feel happy . I was numbed. My mom was crying of joy . My husband was tensed as well . I was asked to repeat test after 2 days . My values had doubled now . So I was asked to return for a scan at 6th week . My mom made sure I ate well and gave me lot of rest . My husband had to return to US . So I went with my parents for my first scan . And there I heard that little heartbeat for the first time .

I could not really feel happy till I was 12 weeks . I was anxious all the time . Then I remember feeling the baby move for first time when I was 16 weeks pregnant. It is the best feeling in the world .Then you wait whole day to feel it again . I had a smooth pregnancy with no morning sickness . It was the most beautiful time of my life . My baby boy was born June end 2017 on his 37th week by c section . I always dreamed of a baby boy . It was meant to be . I have vague memory of doctor holding baby up and showing him to me in operation theater.

Looking back at all that I have been through , it has made me a stronger person .While I am typing this my 5 month old baby is sleeping in my arms and some days I look at him and wonder how long god took to create this beautiful miracle?

I am grateful to my husband and family that they supported me well in this journey . To those who are still on this journey, I advise to hang in there with patience . God tests people to reward them with best gifts .

BlueLily, redbud, coffeecups and 18 others like this.

2. blissfull

blissfull Silver IL'ite

Motherhood is the most beautiful phase of a women’s life, it is the most beautiful role one can play in their life. And now you have been bestowed with this honour dear @divyarnair, Congratulations

3. ashwinim3006

ashwinim3006 Gold IL'ite

@divyanair it was really an emotional journey for u. Congratulations to u n happy motherhood. Hope everyone on this TTC forum would have a happy ending to their journies just like u. N thank u for posting ur story, it would definitely inspire others on the group not to lose hopes in life.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Divya.
    God blessed you finally.
    Things happen only when we least expect it to happen.
    Take care of yourself and your lo.
    Enjoy motherhood.

5. srith

srith Gold IL'ite

Such an inspiring journey, keeps my hope alive.. After reading it.. Tnq so much for sharing stay blessed..!!