1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Story In Womans Era - Let Him Learn The Hard Way!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Sep 8, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Re: Let Hi!m Learn The Hard Way!

Thanks, Srividya. I wrote this story to show that in general children have more compassion than us elders. I am happy to know that you enjoyed the story.
    love,
    sridhar

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

Damn good way of making yr child learn the value of money eh ! loved the story and the moral.

Regards

kamal

Remind me, my younger daughter last month joined her MBA in Noida and she stays in the college hostel.She hs the ATM card, and i checked, whole month she withdrew just 1200/- and i was very very touched with her stinginess, thought she gets good food in the canteen/mess, but she is learning the value of money.God bless her

Regards

kamal

3. varalotti

Dear Kamal,
    thanks. That's the lesson my father instilled deep into my being. When I was angry at him because he could not give me Rs.40 for a school picnic, you know what he did.. He gave his entire salary to me and asked me to manage the household expenses for a whole month. If I saved any money it was mine. Well I could not. It was then that the accountant in me was born.
    And hats off to your daughter. This habit will stand her in good stead in her life. May God bless her with all the prosperity and happiness in life.
    love,
    sridhar

4. Ranise

Ranise Junior IL'ite

Hello Sir,

I am a new member at IL and my reply may be old, but still felt like writing after reading this touching story. We all know the importance of learning the hard-way. Being part of lower middle class families, as children we did not have all the niceties as today and we at heart know that the adversities have actually taught us the value of Money.

As parents now, we try to give all the comforts to our children ( because we don't want them to struggle as we did ) but in the process we forget that we are not teaching them the most important lesson of their life.

This story showed a good balance of the motherly love and discipline..... something worth following !

Regards
    Rani

5. varalotti

Hello Rani,
    You have beautifully summed up the present day condition. We have suffered a lot but we don't want our children to suffer. In the process we only end up in stunting their growth. Because of our sufferings in our earlier life we can today handle any crisis. But the children of today have frail hearts and a small set back in their personal life or their career shatters them.
    Thanks for the nice words, Rani. Please do read my other stories appearing this forum and let me have your views.
    You can click the link to the index of my writing "CV's index" and then choose those writings which you like.
    love,
    sridhar

6. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

yet another lovely write up Sir :clap.
    i loved the way the mother feels and how she covers her temptation.and you taught us to how important it is to teach children these factors.but it doesnt happen like this most of them,we even have a general saying that if the kid is the only child he/she probably grow up to be a spoilt ,selfish,and insenstive one.Well the story has a very strong message that if parents take decisons wisely at the right time then child will no never be spoilt.i admire the kids compassionate feeling by lending his money and how mother in a indirect way congragulate for his good deeds and with such encouragement the kids will grow to be a proper human with a good heart.

and i always liked the idea that victories how small or big should be celebrated without losing the charm.i am strong believer in that.
    In each writeup i find a lesson been taught,and i truly thank you for such wonderful short stories.

neethu.

7. varalotti

Thanks a lot, neethu. I have been repeatedly telling that these lessons were taught to me by my parents especially my father. Once I asked money for an excursion and my father said that he did not have money. I whined, cried and shouted. My father simply handed over the family finances to me for three months at a stretch. He would give his salary cover to me. And I have to spend the money and record it in our Family Accounts book. At the end of the month I found for myself that I could not save enough money for the excursion.
    You are right. Every victory, minor or major has to be celebrated. Otherwise life will lose its charm.
    This story had rave reviews in Womans Era.
    thanks for reviving interest in a story published some four years ago.
    love,
    sridhar

8. princysharma90

princysharma90 Senior IL'ite

Ohhhh......very touching story.... I am really moved by the way the rahul's parents thought and hats off to the rahul's thoughts.
    Thanks for sharing this amazing story.

1 person likes this.
  9. varalotti

thanks, Princy for the kind words.