1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Story In the Latest Ananda Vikatan

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jan 21, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidyavisu,
    thanks. The younger generation is not rash as it often appears to be. They are cold and calculative. And that's my concern.
    sridhar

2. varalotti

அன்புள்ள நிலாரசிகன் அவர்களுக்கு,
    இன்றைய பாடத்திட்டத்தில் இலக்கியம் இல்லை. வாழ்க்கை நெறிமுறையில்லை. எந்தக் கணினி மொழியைக் கற்றுக் கொண்டால் எவ்வளவு லட்சம் சம்பளம் கிடைக்கும் என்னும் எண்ணமே மிஞ்சியிருக்கிறது. இன்றைய மென்பொருள் துறை பூஜாக்களைத்தான் உருவாக்கும். காக்கைப்பாடினியார்ர்களை அல்ல.
    த்ங்கள் வாழ்த்துக்களுக்கு நன்றி.
    அன்புடன் தங்கள்
    வரலொட்டி

3. varalotti

thanks a lot, kiranmadhu for your comments.

4. varalotti

Dear Deepa,
    Thanks for the kind words. The editor told me that the end of the story was brilliant. I thought, 'this should not become the end of our society.'

sridhar

5. varalotti

Dear Raji,
    He could not have waited till morning. Because he had to act on the information received through the transmitter. But later in life he might come to know of his wife. By that time it would be too late. It's not his fate. It's his choice. When you want to marry a girl who's beautiful, earning well and smart, then this is the price yiou have to pay. In Harshans case the price will be paid much later.
    sridhar

6. Karthiga

Karthiga Bronze IL'ite

hello varalotti sir,
    I've read most of ur stories in vikatan and i like all of them for their twists and this recent story is of the same kind and really it was very nice.

7. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Karthiga.
    varalotti

8. Anuprasan23

Anuprasan23 New IL'ite

Hi sir,

It is absolutely true story. The twist in the story at the end made me to laugh and at the same time felt shy about the attitude of the girl. In these days its very common and we find this mind-set in some girls.

In earlier boys were easy going in such matters but now-a-days some girls are like that. As actor vivek said in his comedy, ' pickupu, dropu, escapeu' is the latest trend for both boys and girls.

But this latest tendency makes many to worry about our culture.

Anu

1 person likes this.
  9. varalotti

You are absolutely right, Anu. In those days girls used to fall in love just like that. One pathetic case that happened in the 70s/80s was the daughter of a diamond merchant who eloped with her teacher, 20 years her senior. And another jeweller's daughter ran away with a rickshaw-puller. I used to pity for those girls. But these days girls are super-smart. But somewhere down the line they have lost the capacity to 'fall in love'. Yes Pooja in this case might have an externally happy life. But will that be authentic?
    thanks for coming in.
    love,
    sridhar

10. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

Appadiye oru cal centrela nadakkurathe pakkathula irundhu paarkaraapla irundhathu.... romba naal apparam IL vandhu unga yezhuthu padikkaren .... romba romba romba nandri ....