1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Story In Kumudam!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Apr 17, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

You are most welcome, Aruna.

2. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

dear sir,
    thanks for the prompt reply...
    maybe you could even post some of ur oru nimidak kadhaigal for us...when time permits....they should be having even more of the "nach" factor !![quote=varalotti;285984Vikatan had an even more difficult format. Oru Nimida Kadaikhal. The stories have to be just half a page in length. About a dozen of my stories got published in that format. Recently Vikatan brought out a compilation of 101 Oru Nimidakkathaikal. I was happy to see one of my stories in that compilation.
    You used the right word. Jolt. Yes that's it. As Vanaja said, "nachnu" irundhathu. Jolt is the exact English equivalent.]

very true sir, as you say,these are meant not just as daily household activities,but as exercises to overcome one's ego...
    [Using cowdung for cleaning may not be necessary for the modern floors. But I still feel that they are necessary for the modern minds. With lizol and phenyle many will volunteer. But to be able to do with cow-dung is the ultimate penance.
    I heard a friend of mine describing this scene - A social worker was feeding a mentally deranged person. My god! I could not eat for the whole day.
    But these are all the acts that jolts our ego and leads us in the path of spiritual growth.]

true...with time,i have realised that a joint family is more than just living together...it is an instituion to learn to conquer one's ego and become less self centred.....the more nuclear our families become, the more impatient we become to put up with even small inconveniences for the sake of others.....

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  3. varalotti

Dear Sowparnika,
    A few of my oru nimidakkathaikal have already been posted. Will try to post some more when time permits.

you are right, sowparnika. Yesterday I was talking to my sister. And I told her that all our spiritual growth occurs during times when we are the most uncomfortable and when the situation is the most unpleasant. I am happy to see that you take things in proper perspective.
    regards,

4. geeth

geeth Senior IL'ite

Dear varalotty sir
    Hearty CONGRATS! your story is really nice and it is their in the kumudam dated 23-04-2008 in the page 113 of chennai edition. A very very nice story. do you write quite ofter sir? have your stories appeared before in any magazines? here after i will note it as i know the name now.

regards
    geeth

5. varalotti

Dear Geeth,
    You are the first one to say that my story has appeared in the Chennai edition. You know Kumudam sent me an author's copy. Even that copy did not have my story. Only the books I bought in Madurai had the story.
    Thanks for the kind words you have about my story. I was writing quite often for magazines earlier. 200 short stories of all shapes and sizes have appeared. Of late I have not been writing for the magazines. I am focussing on books.
    Since last few days I have been sending stories. You might have seen another short story in Dinamalar Varamar this Sunday. I have posted the story and the link in our site.
    Here's the link
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/v...l/24782-my-story-in-dinamalar-vaaramalar.html

My stories have appeared in kalki, anandhavikatan, deccan herald, womens era, alive etc.

regards,

6. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    ‘Echchil ‘ - story ‘ nach ‘ as somebody said ! I strongly object dil’s words “ idhukkaavaa enga appa amma enna pethuvechirukkaa? “ . Even if she had not liked her mil’s commanding words , she should not have come out with such harsh words . she should have learnt Avvaiyaar’s words : “ kodi selvam kuvindhaalum kulirndha vaarthai sollavendum “ . She should have controlled herself & refused to do it in a soft manner . Her service to the sick man while on duty is for money’s sake . Her service to her mil should be based on manidhaabimaanam . I feel that she (dil ) might have acted like a ‘manushi’ !
    “ manidhanaaga vaazhamattum manidhanukku theriyavillai “ ( seergaazhi govindharajan’s old cine song ) !
    Love,
    Indhu.

7. varalotti

My Dear GFs,
    All things should come to an end one day or other, whether we like it or not. And so is the case with this walking series. (not walking seriously or for that matter talking seriously)

In a few seconds from now I will be uploading,

Will You Walk With Me? - The Final Part

Having walked for so long, why don't you spend a few minutes more, complete the walk and have a dharshan of my Lord Vinaya at the destination?

Are you ready?
    Come, let's go.

love,

8. varalotti

Dear Indhu,
    thanks for the fb. I thought you might not visit this thread as you have already given your fb. And you read the story even before I sent it across.

Well said, Indhu. I know you are a past master in Vazhaipazham-Oosi words and you will always softly but strongly hold your ground. Poor dil! she does not know this.

Thanks for quoting the song. And thanks for singing it to me when I asked you to do that.

love,

9. geeth

geeth Senior IL'ite

Dear varalotti sir,
    as i am a new ilite i am not able to open your story in dinamalar- vaaramalar.Witsendhowever i will try to get one copy from our paper boy and read it.
    i am very fond of reading stories and even have tried to write one or two. but have never sent it to any magazines.
    by the way quite surprising that my copy of kumudam has your story while no other editions i am in pondychery at present and i donot think kumudam has any publication office here. i am sure it is chennai edition only. i even verified it. or any play behind it?!!!! like "if your copy contains this story you will get a compliment..etc etc...." normal kumudam style of play!!!....but even that kind anouncements are not seen in any of the pages. anyway it was my luck that i got it...
    wish you all the best sir..
    geeth

10. varalotti

Dear geeth,
    You can go to Dinamalar site and read the story. In my post I have given a link which you can click and go to the site and read the story. If you have the pm facility you can send your email ID to me, I will send the pdf version of the story to you.
    I am thrilled to learn that your copy of Kumudam has my story. In Chennai most of the copies do not have my story.
    Thanks for the kind words. Let me know if you have got the Dinamalar story; if you don't I will try thinking of other ways.
    regards,