1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Story In Dinamalar Vaaramalar

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jun 13, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot, Soldier for your kind words and kind wishes. Eagerly waiting for your compliments.
    sridhar

2. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the lovely story Sir.
    Good decision by Edward & John for there's nothing greater in this world than mother's affection. I think the little girl gave them the clue to decide whether to accept the floral decoration assignment or not.

Looking forward to many more such short stories.

3. varalotti

You are most welcome, soldier. People think naively that if God wants to talk to them He would appear before them in all His glory. There is no need for that. He can in His place send a little girl who can tell God's message in such a way that the hearer can't disobey it. God's ways are mysterious.
    sridhar

4. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir,

Good story. I thought the mom will be invited to the marriage and there they will get special permission for celebration. me and my small brain! :crazy

FYI - I will be bloating in happiness if I see stories by you with Syam's oviyam in kumudham or vikatan. I will save it for the best moment and read it out then (like before falling asleep)

Very sorry for a critical comment - but somehow I feel that most of your stories are having that dramatic sense in it (as the saying goes, only in cinemas). What I mean is, there are things which is not happening in the practical world but yes in your stories. I have never come across a little Sindhu who will forego her hair shaved for another kid. I have never come across a small girl like the one in this story. Either I am too negative to look around the world or you are too positive to create your characters this way. I dont demand an explanation, please sir... just my opinion. Not that I have come across so many authors and know the book world by heart, nor am i that aged. but based on my small (read it as kurugiya) vattam/sindhanai I feel this way.
    And since I am in IT and get lot of forwards, could relate couple of your stories to those stories available in the forward - may be just a coincidence? or inspirations? I know your capability and you dont have to really look into these silly forwards to write up your stories.. but this was something I thought I should ask you... once again, I am very sorry for my negative comments.

I just loved your call center kadhali in vikatan! :) just light and practical. :)

5. varalotti

Dear Tuffyshri,

Thanks for the open, frank comments. Yes in a way I am a positive writer. Not that there would be a girl like Sindhu or for that matter a sister like Sharada in Thazhumbu. But that's an ideal state I want to come now or later. There is so much of negativism in the world that I don't want to increase it in the name of realism.

I do write stories like Call Centre Kadhaali or Thozahana Kaadalana once in a while, but most of my stories are like Thayillamal Naan Illai.

My story Promise has been the subject matter of a lot of forward mails. No I don't take my plots from the forward mails.
    But the problem is that our minds are so very complex that at times the forward mail you read six months back might push you towards a particular theme or towards a particular ending.

You need not be so defensive about commenting on my writings. My writings are in the public domain and you are most welcome to share your views.

Whenever I write a positive story like this one, I feel very light, happy and refreshed. In fact I felt depressed after I wrote the second episode of Love cubed.
    So at least for my own sake I should be focusing on positive stories. And would suggest the same to you also. That's good for our mental health in the long run.
    thanks for the open-minded comment.
    sridhar