1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My spouse complains that I spend too much time on IL :)

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by BeeAmma, Mar 18, 2010.

1. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

My hubby just complained that after coming back home from work I spend too much time on IL:) and ignore him and the kid. I found it amusing because usually women complain the same about their husbands (that they are at the computer after coming back home).

Has anyone else had this experience?

2. luckybychance

luckybychance Senior IL'ite

Me tooooo....I usually spend about an hour or two starting at 8 pm or later....(after my son sleeps)
    And my husband feels I am wasting my time on IL...

3. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

My husband too tells that but to pull my leg....

4. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

I have no rights to open comp if am at home.. cos no one shares any work.
    Also my MIL shall make hundreds of grumpy faces, I infact need to tell my DH if there's any critical issue or a meeting & thats acceptable once in a while.. she'll find silly ways to get me out of the chair & later crib that she was slogging her A** in day and here I'm wasting time on comp and makes me feel guilty for not spending time with children or not feeding them.. she doesn't even appreciate me lying down for even 10mins.

Wen she's not arnd she speaks via DH & his updates to her.. so I guess this wont be applicable to me.. cos he wont generally see me on this site at home.. but yes its an addictive site. He does glance into my screen when am at critical work to ensure tht am not making stories.

5. vennelaaaa

vennelaaaa Bronze IL'ite

my Dh doesnt know abt the website and also that I am a member here!

6. S Priya

S Priya Senior IL'ite

At home definately no time time to breath at all so i dont go towards comp any thing other than doing productive work is a total waste at my home,not even crochet work but at office my assistant would see me on this site and say madam is gone to ladies club he would get mad and wait for me to come out of this site, so now he is use to watching me laugh, cry, shocked, excited,amused when i am on this site. Dont dont how my family members would react if they see me so involved in this site.May be all of then would be:rantone for dh and other for mil:rant

7. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Wow!! I have a good company itseems! Count me in to your boat!

8. NAYA

NAYA Senior IL'ite

I don't work ,stay at home with my 2 kids and my DH knows about me on ILadies.
    I usually login when he is not around that is in day time .
    Now a days not getting time to login as busy in wrapping the things as we are R2I next month.
    Most of the day goes my time in IL browseing , now a days reduced ,I don't now after going to India will be able to login atleast once a week .
    Am amazed as most of the ladies working so actively responding to the posts.

9. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

When my DH sees me on IL, he laughs at me and asks 'What are your friends saying?'. He just says that, he doesn't really want to know. But then I force him to listen :biglaugh and tell him about interesting posts, comments from other IL members and I force him to read my posts. :bonk

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  10. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

BeeAmma, Welcome to the group.My hubby says he wants to meet the founder of the site.This site is coming inbetween husband and wife.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl.

But yesterday I told him how many problems women face in their life.He did not believe it.When I showed him the posts he was like :rant:spin.He was asking me how can things like this happen.I said what we hear in media is just a part and there will be more to it when you listen from the person who receives all the atrocities.

He already knows that I have a virtual community where I can post if something goes wrong.:biglaugh.But he is very sweet(touchwood).Hope life will be like this throughout.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010