1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My spirit still burning.......a short story of Aarushreya!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aarushreya, Mar 8, 2013.

1. aarushreya

aarushreya Gold IL'ite

I have a fight with myself. After all the failures I have experienced in life, my spirit is still burning. Making same mistakes again and again like a stubborn child, I still fight within me to keep the spirit burning......spirit to attain success in life.

In this fast moving world, people find it difficult to survive because there is so much competition in everything. Whether you are working or not working. The competition doubles if you are not working like me and a housewife like me(you better know this). But here I am not talking about the competition with rest of the world. The competition between me and my soul.

Often I think in my loneliness what is that outstanding part of my life? and I get nothing in answer. When I will be old and dying, will I still be complaining others for my failures? or will I think I would have achieved that but wasted up time in silly thoughts and things. When I judge the situation, I find it is difficult to change others but not that difficult to change ourselves.

I may be correct but not acting correctly. I may be wise but not taking decisions wisely. I may be efficient but not working efficiently. I may be a fighter but not fighting. Here all the trouble is in me, myself....I did not took the right step when it was the time to decide my career option. I failed to show it to the parents, how efficient I was in what career plan was in my mind. I failed to fight for my career goals. I failed to the handle the situation wisely. Sometimes we fail to show what we are but again its our fault.

But why I am thinking about my past? Now I am married and have two beautiful kids. Is still my failures trailing somewhere in my life? Why I feel I still have so much to do and so much to change in my life? Past failures don't leave our life until we die. It is said that our work is carried even further in heaven. It is then decided how fruitful or disgraceful our live will be in our next destiny.

The answer is simple. I have two choices. Either I should stop thinking about all this and live the life as it comes. Again making same mistakes thousands of time and leading the life under the burden of failures or I should start working on myself and take small steps in changing and grooming my life to make it more wonderful, admirable, appreciable and loving. Life needs one wise decision, life long company of hard work and our confidence in ourselves.

Aarush and Shreya (Aarushreya), my kids, are my inspiration. Before their birth, I never felt how wrong I was within me. I have all the qualities that I want in my children to carry but since I am not using my qualities efficiently, their life is also affected. This is so disappointing for a loving mother like me, who wants to serve her kids best in all the possible ways but can not herself put the whole life correctly. My kids inspired me to open up, bring change in life and show my hidden talent to rest of the world. Writing is one that small step towards recognizing my self-confidence.

Moral of the story is to keep our spirit burning and one day success will be at our door step. The moral is also that being efficient is not just enough. We need to show it and live with that fighting spirit inside.

A request to all the friends who will read my short story. Please share your views, liking or disliking and kindly reply back. That will be a token of encouragement for me.

Thanks to all [​IMG]

2. springsnb

springsnb Gold IL'ite

Hi, nice writeup.... I don't know what to say but i need to say something......

Something is bothering u inside for real....past is past u con't change it...but u can do what ever u want to now but be wise

Thank you very much for your moral...thats TRUE

3. BharadwajThiru

BharadwajThiru Silver IL'ite

A great write-up. To each to his/her own!

If you haven't read the book - The 5 people you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom, I strongly recommend it.

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It has always been my stand that our failures in life are far more important than our successes. Failures are a powerful teacher. Nobody learns anything from his successes. They only increase his ego, vanity and a sense of false values. Failures, on the other hand, keep him down to earth and his aspirations eternally green and alive. When I say 'failures', I include our partial successes too. I mean the distance between where we want to go and where we are presently.

Having said this, I must caution you that failures are not meant to keep us bogged down with self pity but to energise us with fresh confidence. Some of the famous inventors of the past like Madam Curie and Edison rose above their numerous failures to become immortals. There is no greater enemy to our life than the fear of failure. During my school days, my history teacher used to eulogize King Thymoor and tell us that he was the most inspiring personality that history ever produced. He would tell us that average students like me must keep his picture framed and hung in our houses, the reason being that he never let his failures keep him bogged down!

And as a fringe benefit, one last word. No one envies a failure. I never want to be envied by any one!
    Sri

2 people like this.
  5. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

AS nice message in the form of your own true story that clearly depicts the fighting spirit in you.

As rightly said by you, your writing is portraying your true spirit and you are exhibiting it by publishing here. All the best, keep going.

rakinya and (deleted member) like this.
  6. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Don't loose your heart my dear. You are not alone. As you have understood keep your spirit burning. I had pursued for more, and still pursuing, now I have a choice of saying when people ask me "what are you doing? Are you working?" either " No, I am just a housewife" or proudly say "I am the pivot of my family."

Regards
    Manjukps