1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Soul mate was just next to me - 26

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Priyaram170, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Priyaram170

Priyaram170 Silver IL'ite

I woke up in the mrng and Sanjay was still sleeping. I closed my eyes and was just visualizing what ever happened in the past few days. And the very next thought came to my mind how will I face anyone stepping outside the room. That was one more awkward moment.

My mind was dangling between so many things, next time I opened my eyes I was hearing the tap on the door and Sanjay was still sleeping. I slowly got down the bed and opened the door. It was Neeta; she was leaving and said Bye. I had to freshen up very quickly and went out to see her off. Then it was only Kavya, mom and me left we had our morning cup of coffee. I felt because Neeta was in the attention people dint have time to bother about me and thus my awkward moment 4 was subtle and nothing happened as I expected. Then mom told,

Twara ga ready kandi, (Get Ready both of you,) you have to leave to your in laws place.” Mom said.

“Why now?? After 5 days only Na I have to go there.” I asked.

“There is Sathyanarayana vratham finishing that you will be coming back Hema” Kavya said

I already had tears, mom too was weeping when she was in the pooja room. I went into the room, Sanjay was ready he had taken bath and was ready with his luggage. That irritated me so much I dint want to talk to him.

“We are going for a day, you need not carry your bag” I told him. He was disappointed and I was happy :)

There are so many customs even before you are leaving house that made me cry, cry, cry & only cry. I knew I will be back by evening but I dint know I had a feeling that I am leaving the house & mom forever. I sat in the car with Sanjay and Kavya accompanied me to my in laws place. As mom stood near the gate and waved her hands, I wanted to run back to her I could not imagine that I was leaving her alone. The whole journey I cried by the time I reached there I felt too much of weakness and felt I would faint anytime.

“Hema, We will get back home as soon as we finish pooja. Now cheer up!” Sanjay said softly

I kept silent. I went in home. It was a warm feeling within some time the pooja began after sometime I turned out to see if Kavya was fine and saw mom next to her, I was so happy and relaxed now after seeing her. After the pooja very next thing I did was I went and sat next to mom holding her hands.

Yenduku ma jathlo ra ledu!!(Why dint you come with us??)” I asked her leaning on her shoulders.

Raa koodad anta... (It seems I should not come…)” her eyes were wet when she told that.

After a while everyone had food and even mom and Kavya, jiju were leaving. Sanjay asked his mom that we will go there but she said evening she should lit the lamp and then she can leave. Mom dint say anything, they were just leaving. When I went down to see them off I suddenly got a thought how carefully they take care of us and all of a sudden they leave us alone and tell this is where you have to live from now. I walked for a distance and the car sped off I couldn’t see them either because of tears filled in my eyes. Sanjay was just standing back of me and he dint say anything he held my hand tight and took me back home.

We talked for a while, slept and again I was waiting when they call me to lit the lamp and after that I can run to mom. They called me down and I lit the lamp did some pooja here and there I dint know what I was doing. I was just following their commands. Then my MIL told drop some of the relatives to their home and they were other part of the city we nearly had to spend 1 hour. He agreed and we drove them off to their place.

As I came home, I saw mom sleeping in the hall, she had too much of fever. I just sat next to her and both of were weeping seeing each other. We dint talk anything. I put her into sleep and all 4 of us had food and that night I and Sanjay talked so much about life.

He just thought the way I think. He has a great respect to mom probably because he knows how difficult it is to raise kids for women alone. After a while I really felt probably he was the perfect man who had to be in my life always and he is there. This was my destiny.

It was the last stop in the metro, I suddenly realized I skipped my station when I had a rewind of my life. Somewhere I also felt relaxed when I heard something good from Karthik. I felt bad for Sanjay, I remembered the days when he is angry on me I just say sorry never pamper him and I am back in my own world. He himself used to talk back to me. I was ignoring him so much I was scared that I might lose him.

He convinced mom not to stay alone to live in Kavya’s home and some time with us. So mom and MIL where visiting us in turns. Just to make me feel better he tried so hard. In these three months, I don’t know whether what I feel for him is Love or its my gratitude but I always wanted a man like him in my life, though he was next to me I always ignored him for some stupid reasons and false thought I had.

Though I missed my office that day, I decided I’ll start loving him at least give half of what he has given me till now. I brought a rose and started back home. Neeta and Len were online I asked their suggestion how to express my love to Sanju. As always they flooded with brilliant ideas. But I had no such courage to tell him what I feel.

As I went in home he was making food. I hid the rose and ran into the room and shut the door and searched for the novel what I threw last night. I kept the rose in between the pages of that book which read “CAN LOVE HAPPEN TWICE!!” and kept it on the bed.

After our dinner, I pretended as if I was watching movie and Sanju went inside the room picked up the book and saw the rose inside it. I could see his smile through his eyes. He stood in front of me and touched my head and said

“I knew definitely it will happen between us. And see it happened!!” he said and kissed on my forehead.

PS : Thanks a tonnn for my every reader, for encouraging so much and will definitely come back with a good one again next time!!

19 people like this.

2. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Wooooooow... super story priya... your narration si simply superb and lively....

Please start writing the next story soon dear... waiting for it... :)

1 person likes this.
  3. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

love the story priya. posted daily episodes which is another great thing. Thank you for this nice story and keep writing.

1 person likes this.
  4. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

just luved it.. Story of many girls... :):)

1 person likes this.
  5. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

wow very very nice. such a sensitive issue, girls think the FIRST guy is the MAN whatever happens n all.Its sooo not true.
    True colors, true love all comes with real day to day life we live with husband.
    Good Job Priya :)

1 person likes this.
  6. imeandmyself

imeandmyself Bronze IL'ite

heyya dinchak dinchakk :)

1 person likes this.
  7. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

Wowwwww Priya
    That was a sweet ending to your sweet story.
    Sanjay is really a practical guy...kudos to him..
    Keep writing dear :)
    [is it a real story???? If so, i'll be double happy]

1 person likes this.
  8. vidhya3b

vidhya3b IL Hall of Fame

Excellent writing priya..!! Loved it!!! But wer did the story actually start??? All are flashback right!!! She actually got a call from Karthik and she started thinking about all this right?

2 people like this.
  9. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Lovely ending...... but am sad this story is over. Waiting for your next story to begin. I really enjoyed reading it :)

1 person likes this.
  10. vandanasrinivas

vandanasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Woooww priya...gr8 story..happy ending..

1 person likes this.