1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My soul mate was just next to me - 10

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Priyaram170, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Priyaram170

Priyaram170 Silver IL'ite

Continuation

“Come ‘on pick up the call now! ” he texted.

“Hello, what’s there you could have msged na???” I dint even allow him to speak.

“ Yeah!! See this is my.. Noooodlesss!!”

I was feeling the heat of my face and my ears coz I don’t know may be I was blushing so much!!

“Hema… Can u wear saree tomorrow for me??” he asked.

First time he called my name, it sounded so different.

“NO, I am not wearing!!”I replied so quickly.

“Hmm... fine!! Then what else?” he asked intending to speak more.

“Nothing” I was laughing hard for the way I replied, I knew it would irritate him to the core.

“You don’t want to know anything about me??” he was quite calm now..

“Ok tell me!” I more try to irritate him :)

“Forget it!! I am done with this, will disconnect!! Byee” he was about to disconnect..

“NO No Noo oooo Karthik!!!” I screamed in a false voice and giggled.

“Idoit!!” he murmered..

I just loved it!! I madly loved everything he spoke.

“Tell me.. about your family??” I was interested to know.

“I live in a joint family. A family of 14 members. My grandparents stay with us. We are Iyengars. My grandparents have 3 sons and 2 daughters. One of my atha stays in Tirupati and the other in Vellore. My dad is the youngest of all and I am the youngest son to my parents, I have an elder sister Priya she is married and an elder brother Krishna who will be getting married soon. None of the ladies go out of house and work (He immediately corrected; It doesn’t mean you should not work after marriage. I guess he has learnt a lot from our first argument! )” He stopped and asked,

“Did you sleep?? “He questioned.

“No, I am listening.” I replied lost in thoughts trying to imagine that huge family.

“Ok ” and the he continued..

“We all have our own houses but then we have only 1 kitchen and 1 pooja room. There is a sit out kind of which is common for all of us. My house is very beautiful & I’ll take you 1 day.”

(I was not happy in fact was scared and feeling do I need all these?)

“Noodles??” he called and was checking if I am there.

“Do you think I can fit in to your home easily or your family will accept me happily? I doubt...” I said... But I was sure they won’t.

“Hey, No parents will happily accept if you tell that I love a person and I’ll get married to them. No one will happily accept and pat your back and say yeah u did the right thing. Carry on!!Its your responsibility to convince them “he explained.

I was still not convinced and did not want to put all my thoughts and make him feel bad. I decided I will talk to mom.

“Ok.. I am asking 1 last time.. Are you wearing saree tmrw?” he asked

“Oh Come ‘on why are you back of it!! I am not wearing saree.” I told him

“Fine ! What else?”

“I said nothing! But tell me U said u are Iyengars and we are Shri Vaishnavas is that ok?? But never have I followed any customs or my family. Mom lits the lamp near god, I know only that I don’t even see the pooja room regularly. Don’t you think your house will be too much for me? Look Karthik, we will do one thing we will remain friends. See not everyone who has loved have got married right. Deal Ok??”

“Why are you only trying to see the other side? Even before we try how can you just give up. Is this your love for me??”

“That’s what I dunno the definition of love. I am attracted to you now I am thinking this is love and knowing your family now probably I am feeling its not love , I am just experimenting my life. Tell me according to you what I should do now?”

“You just forget everything and lets spend some quality time. See any person you marry you have to get adjusted to their place, their tradition. After all that’s how a girl will be after marriage even you will fit into easily take my word” he said that very confidently.

“If I am getting adjusted to your family, what are you doing for me?? So you call that as my love for you. Look Karthik, let me be very clear to you it’s not that I don’t believe in god. I believe in helping others, good deeds, truth that’s how I see god. I don’t think your family can accept this. As you said I will get married to someone who thinks I am right or probably who says be yourself, you need not change yourself for me. ” And now I knew he was not correct for me.

NOTE: Dear All,
    Its been a great experience till now. Just wanted to inform my next post will be only on Monday eve :). Have a great weekend :)

4 people like this.

2. geethabalaji17

geethabalaji17 New IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Looks like noodles and karthik are ryt in front of my eyes.
    Now most of them wud start thinking bout der past college days.
    Great going.:thumbsup

Please post next episode as early as poosible..Eagerly waiting.

3. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

good one priya................

4. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

good episode...

5. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Great one Priya,

Liked every word of it. Somehow liked the conversation between Kartik and Hema a lot. How easy right for the guys to think that you anyway have to adjust! Sigh! Will wait for your next one eagerly..

1 person likes this.
  6. NandhuKish

NandhuKish Bronze IL'ite

Priyaaaaa..

Couldnt wait.. wonderful reading the episodes.. I wish you all the best...

Regards,

Nandhu

7. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Waiting for the next post.

8. geethabalaji17

geethabalaji17 New IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Pls post the next episode

9. ahsh

ahsh Silver IL'ite

dear priya very eagerly waiting for the next post