1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My son will turn 2 soon.Pls help with party ideas

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by prettywomen123, Sep 19, 2011.

1. prettywomen123

prettywomen123 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

My son Sanjay turns 2 in November. His first birthday party was a bash in London with friends and family. I did the mickey mouse theme in a conventional hall.Now for his second birthday, my parents want it to be in chennai with them. I will be in chennai in November. I was going to have his party over the weekend.

I would like to do a theme.I wanted to know what sort of planning I should be doing. I am confused if I should do it at home at my terrace and order food outside .The guest list will be around 50 people or less. Or should I hire a hall if so the areas nearer I would prefer vadapalani,k.k.nagar and kodambakkam. Should I leave any event organiser to do everything or pick a hotel that does the catering, decorating etc.I was looking in to some forums here and got some ideas like pizza corner and butterfly. I have my mil's family ,my parents and relatives who prefer meal in the evening.So not sure which one is best.

I don't know what the budget there is like but would like to hear from someone who has done parties in chennai and like to hear their reviews.

Thanks
    PW

2. alpanasreedhar

alpanasreedhar New IL'ite

hi,

Saw your post all depends on what is your budget and your preference....you can get a hall for 35- 50 people in saravana bhavan kind of hotels or in The Residency....they will give hall and food rest you have to take care...decoration items you can get in chennai in pondibazzar but theme it is better to take it from london....you can also plan the goody bag from india....depends on time and man power....you can get people for doing a stall like cotton candy etc....if your budget permits or even pizza corner is having some menu they will do the decorations but charges extra.....