1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my son is living on love&fresh air!!!!

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by vidhukumar, Dec 7, 2007.

1. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

hi ladies,
    my son(1yr&1 month old) wants to eat everything on his own....he wanted to do it earlier too but i would give him some finger food like boiled lentils ,veg etc...and feed him at the same time....but now he would eat absolutely nothing from me!!!he only eats whatever he can pick up&eat!!am so frustrated!!!i tried to make tiny balls of rice mixed with whatever rasam or sambhar or dhal etc...but he eats 2 or 3 pieces&pastes the rest on the mat!!i boil pasta&keep&he picks that up&eats it,he also eats boiled veg or boiled channa etc.....but no rice or chapathi!!!am worried if he's eating enough....dont know what to do....pls pour in your suggestions.thanks.

2. Neeti

Neeti New IL'ite

Do not worry Vidhukumar,
    My daughter is 1 year old and doing the same ....
    She had bad cold 2 weeks ago and after that she doesn't like any dal or vegetables.During that period she ate only finger food..and I let her to ate
    She eats only plain chapati not more then 1/4 piece.....But now I have been changing few things like trying maggi atta noodles , bread (roasted in ghee) with fruit spread banana with milk juices ect....ect...And after that she is showing some intrest in our regular food....Today she had some rice with Dal... .So I would suggest if he doen't like to eat regular food give him what ever he likes.Least he will get some nutritions and if you will force him he will go more stubborn ...try to introduce him new taste and new foods and soon he will start eating everything.
    What motherhood teach us ..Have patience
    Neeti

3. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

I have a 14 month toddler. And he also had poor eating habits. I get really tired making him have even eat one meal. He goes to daycare during the daytime and in the daily sheet they write that he eats well.

Kavya.

4. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Continue to give him finger foods, nothing to worry..Try camafloging the rice and chapathis. My older grl who is 8 is even now a picky eater. You allow him to eat what he wants for soemtime. Their habits change rapidly. Chapathi rolls in bite sized pieces, fruits in small pieces, as long as he eats . Vegs that he does not eat mash them and make patties. He will eat with time and when it coes to this you are not alone. Be patient!!!!

5. Nandhita

Nandhita New IL'ite

Dear Vidhu,

My toddler too gets into this self eating only. But it doesn't happen often. When this happens, instead of rice/dal, I give him chapatis or dosas. Since you say that your child doesn't eat chapatis, why don't you try dosas. My son just holds the dosa in his hand and keeps biting it till he finishes. Some times I give him thick curd in a cup and he enjoys eating it. Since the curd is thick, the spillage during eating would be less.

Regards,
    Nandhita

6. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

thanks neeti,kavya,janani&nandita,
    i am trying a variety of foods&meal times are a major battle.....he does eat boiled veg,pasta etc...all this is seasonal i guess....thanks for pouring in ur suggestions...i will defenitely incorporate them in my meal time battles!