1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Son Food habbits Is this ok ? please help

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by shireesha06, Aug 2, 2012.

1. shireesha06

shireesha06 Silver IL'ite

Dear Friends,

we are in usa and we both are working , I have 3yr old son he is going to day care from 9 to 3:30 but the problem i have with him is he is not eating anything at day care. whatever food they gave him he is avoiding and they are not allowing the home made food.

what he is eating full day is

Morning 1 big cup milk with boost.

and few snacks in the after noon.

4:00 pm 6 idly with peanut chutney+fruit.

8:30pm dinner with rice, veg curry,egg, yogurt.

if he is at home in weekends he eats perfect meals like breakfast lunch dinner snack and fruit.

is there anything i can do without sending him to India .I love him soo much and I cant be happy without him.

Siri.

but he is not eating anything at day care and lost lot of weight.

both of our timings are strict and we dont know what else to do.

he is not even potty trained yet.

I'm planning to leave him in india at my moms place for 1 year atleast he will eat well and grow well.

2. priyagem

priyagem Bronze IL'ite

Is it Indian daycare or American daycare? If American then try to change him to Indian daycare where they give him Indian food. Just give it a shot .

3. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

How is it possible for your son to stay in India for a year? Please don't get me wrong.if he is eating good during weekends that frankly means he wants you to be by his side. May be you can work out the timings.just my 2 cents

4. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hi Shireesha,

In my case it is just opposite. my baby (21 month)do not eat well at home though she eat at daycare (daycare food and home food both).
    Instead of leaving him in India, I'll suggest you to change daycare or ask them to allow your food. here in jersey city, in daycare it's on you whether you want to give lunch from home or from daycare.Though afternoon and evening snacks should be from home.

If you are thinking, that sending home will solve our problem I don't think so. rather it will create more problem.

5. shireesha06

shireesha06 Silver IL'ite

Hello all thanks for your replies.

Yes. If I'm with him he will eat well but I cant do much with my timings for him only i changed my timings 7 am-3:30pm. he likes my mom soo much thats why I thought he will be fine there.
    this day care is not allowing any food from home and we dont have any indian day cares here.

need to think on this more :(

6. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Shireesha, then get your son's pediatrician into the picture. Take him there over your weight loss concern and explain the problem to him/her. Ask for a doctor's certificate to be able to send homemade food. The main reason why they don't allow homemade food (I think), is that food eaten at daycare usually has to be from certified nut-free kitchens because if there's a kid with an allergy, it can turn out extremely nasty for the kid if he/she eats any bit of it or if your son and he/she touch the same thing after your son has eaten. But with your pediatrician's help and perhaps even going to the extent of removing all nuts from your kitchen, you may be able to get them on board. But don't offer the nut thing immediately because it may not have anything to do with nuts at all and you'll just have eliminated nuts for nothing.

1 person likes this.