1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My son doesnot take milk

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by n_mumtaz, Feb 5, 2008.

1. n_mumtaz

n_mumtaz New IL'ite

Hi ..

Could anyone help...My son who is close ro two years old doesnot like milk at all...He likes to drink Tea but not milk in any form with nestle milk, pediasure, complan .....Wouldnot this affect his growth and lead to calcium deficiency....Please give me some suggesstions...plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbonk

Thanks ladies..
    Mumtaz

2. Jaishree123

Jaishree123 Senior IL'ite

Hi Mumtaz

U can try giving him soya milk, or u can give him tea..mix little bit of tea in a cup of milk...the flavour of tea will add with milk. and he may like it.

JaishreeMy 2cents

3. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

Hey don't worry , even my on who is 2 years old does not drink milk. U can do one thing, like you can mix chapati with milk and feed him, make rava sweet and add milk while feeding, just don't add milk in everything but this is how we feed my son.

Regards
    Sri

4. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

same with my daughter too...so I give her soymilk.Sometime I also flavor the yogurt with strawberry syrup or mango pulp(instead of buying the flavored yogurt which has less calcium)...telling her its ice cream:clap...she gets the right to mix both and she enjoys...As suggested...try to sneak in...

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Now a days you get all types of flavoured syrups you can keep 2 or 3 flavours in stock mix it with milk and give him as milk shake, or take fresh pulp of fruits mix them in milk and give him as milk shake. I am sure he will start drinking it in the form of shake.

6. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Try the various milkshakes or flavoured youghurt as others have mentioned.

You could also try giving him alternatives like eggs, buttermilk, ice creams, cheese, natural homemade yoghurt which are also good sources of calcium.

7. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mumtaz,

There are loads of alternatives to milk. Flavoured milk, curd, butter milk, milk sweets made at home, kheer, custard, pudding, pasta boiled in milk, carrot halwa made in milk, rawa kesari cooked in milk, rasamalai... on and on and on.

Dont feel depressed that he is not taking milk.. try these alternatives one by one and I am sure he will like some of it.. you can serve him milk in one form or the other each day.. that will make your cooking interesting and his meal times more fun!

Good luck!

8. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

dear mumtaz

i am sure all other friends have told u the various forms of milk tht u can give to ur lil one...well parenting is an art of disguising various things so tht our lil ones have them...try to make it in ways tht ur lil one wud enjoy.....

lov
    sowmi