1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My sixteen year old Indian daughter got arrested

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Ninapetrova, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Ninapetrova

Ninapetrova New IL'ite

Now as an Indian parents maybe as yourself you can only understand what must be happening to us. My daughter is 16 years old and she was brought to America when she was two years old by my husband and I. We were never very strict but not very liberal, either. It was a good life, but recently my husband had left us but I will not get too much into that now. She was not taking it well and went to a party with some friends. Where she had gotten drunk, met a guy went to his car and snorted cocaine. They had both kissed and the guy had started to drive [COLOR=#009900 !important]away and[/COLOR] they got into a car accident. They were both arrested and taken into custody. They were both high on the drugs and the guy asked my daughter to hold the drugs and they're were a lot in [COLOR=#009900 !important]the bags[/COLOR]. She got charged with possession of cocaine with intent to distribute. Well we got her a lawyer after and now she is on house arrest because of this. As a single Indian parents what are things I can do at this point.

2. Keet

Keet Silver IL'ite

If she was brought 2 years old and brought up by American parents, she is no longer Indian anymore, mentally. And the problem/solution is nothing to do with India/Indian system/Indian parents. Your daughter has serious issue. No one can help other then a counselor and his/her counseling. Best of luck.

1 person likes this.
  3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

First thing...a good lawyer. Your daughter is probably scared. Be a strong support to her. She will have one less thing to fear about.

I am sure the lawyer would get good points (for your daughter) to score in front of the judge. Some points could be: First offence, no past history of usage, strong parental support, good family background, plans to go to college etc.

4 people like this.