1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Sincere Prayer to God!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, May 31, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    I count myself very fortunate that God has showered me with the best of everything. Good parents, good siblings, good teachers, good set of friends, good husband, good in-laws, good daughters, and the list goes on and on. I’ve written this earlier also that I am blessed with two beautiful, loving and caring daughters. I am tempted to cite a very touchy incident here.
    My elder daughter is undergoing orthodontic treatment. The orthodontist was telling her everything about the treatment which will go on for almost two years. He was telling her about the precautions to be taken during the treatment. He said, “you’ll have to avoid eating any sticky food items, including pizza, burger, cheese, cakes, chocolates etc.” And we said yes, we’ll take care of that. After returning home, we were all sitting together, comforting my daughter as she was in immense pain. Her birthday is also falling on 9<SUP>th</SUP> June. She said,”Mumma no cake for me this year no?” I said yes but you can have as many ice creams as you want.
    Immediately my younger daughter said, “Mumma, I’ll also not have any thing for two years which didi (elder one) is not supposed to have. I can do without all of them. I will also not cut any cakes on my birthday.” She is very much fond of all that, so I was really touched by her thought itself to give up everything; that too for two years, which I feel is quite a long period to keep away from temptations. I literally felt as if “Lakshman” is born in my household. The Vanvaas was given to Lord Rama but Lakshman sacrificed so many things for his elder brother.
    So friends, my sincere prayer to God Almighty is:
    That the love my daughters share today, be there forever and if there has to be a change, be it an even greater love and affection;
    Let peace and love prevail: not only in my household, but everywhere;
    Let us never fall prey to worldly temptations.
    In the name of the Lord,
    Amen.

2. justlikethat

justlikethat New IL'ite

Dear Anukarsha,
    nice post.. touched my heart.. I am also a mom of two girls ..though really little ones right now.. Even I sincerely pray to God for one thing everyday and that is my daughters always love each other .. and be there for each other always..

3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks my dear jlt! are you ok with the abbreviation i've given you for your name here? Thanks for your feedback.please keep reading my posts and boost my morale.cheers-anu:)

4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Touch Wood, let them continue this for ever in their life, as ANU ji has rightly put it not only in her household and in every house.

In this Kaliyug, everyone being very selfish, i was very happy to read the above lines and sincerely prayed from the depth of my heart to be united and supportive like this for ever.

MAY BABA BLESS U EVERYTHING IN ABUNDANCE

Thanks for sharing ANU ji

JAI SAIRAM

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anu

I also pray to God that the love between your two daughters should be always the same . Your younger daughter has so much love for her sister and she is ready to sacrifice also for her

love
    viji

6. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear saishakthi for your loving feedback and for your sincere prayers too.regs-anu:)

7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks viji mom for your love and prayers.love you.regs-anu:)

8. justlikethat

justlikethat New IL'ite

Hi Anuji,
    yes.. I am definitely ok with the abbreviation :)..

regards n my love to your girls.

9. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear Anukarsha,
    I felt very happy to read your post.I too have two daughters who are very attached to each other.Today both my daughters are mothers running their homes,but when I see the bonding between them I say a silent 'thanks' to God.As you have said,I too pray to God that this bonding,this love should always be there for each other in their lives.
    My blessings to your daughters.:)
    love
    mithila

10. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks mithila ma'm for your loving response.regs-anu:)