1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My short story in Dinamalar - Vaaramalar

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Uncle,

How are you? By the way I read this on the same day you posted...but came only now to give my comments.

What you have given is one such example uncle. There are many other happenings where those happenings at the low level alone come into light and similar kind of happenings at the high level does not even have a trace of such happening. How pathetic.

Here I thought atleast the husband of the inspector would tell the lady inspector about atleast quitting the job instead of such cheap act. But to my unfortunate...he encourages and feels that he can save his savings...really painful to hear uncle.

I liked the particular advice given by the Saroja at the last...its very true uncle.

Thanks for sharing this...

(Awaiting your comments for my recent blogs and story uncle...read when time permits)

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Bhuvana. Yes, I created that Malathi of lovers park with all the love in my heart. Yes, the name is special for me. I fell in love with the name even while I was in school. A kind of adolescent crush over the name. You can Malathi my faceless lover. I have told this to my wife. A person who did a research on my short stories for his M.Phil degree has made a special mention for my weakness for particular names, Malathi and Sharada.
    thanks for the nice words, Bhuvana.
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Malar,

I'm fine. Slowly coming out of the shock caused by my father's demise.

So many people have commented on this story at the newspaper's site. One woman had commented that even to get a few days of leave the lady police constables have to give sexual favours. Such is the state of our Police Department.

There are so many people like Malathi's husband who do not mind their wives sleeping with somebody else to get more money or advance in their careers. My friend who visited Bangkok told me recently that there it is not unusual for a husband to drop his wife at the place where she will be regularly selling sexual favours for money.

And this is worse than that. Because here the husband makes a show of hypocrisy. Doesn't he ask his wife to worship the Goddess before going out with the officer?

thanks for coming in and thanks for the comments.
    love,
    sridhar uncle
    PS: I visited two of your blogs and have given comments. Give me some time for the serial story as my plate is full at the moment.

4. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

dear varalotti sir,

கதையா இது?

பட்டுனு பொட்டுல அடிச்சாப்ல இருந்துச்சு. எவ்வளவு வியாக்கியானம் பேசினாலும் நடைமுறை வாழ்க்கையின் கஷ்டங்களை அனுபவிக்கிறவங்களுக்குத் தான் தெரியும் அந்த வலி.

ரொம்ப எதார்த்தமா ஆனா மனசக்கீறிவிடும்படியான கதை. பொதுவாகவே எனக்கு பெண் போலீஸாரைப் பார்க்கும் போதெல்லாம் மரியாதையோடு கொஞ்சம் பரிதாபமும் தோன்றும். இனி கேட்கவே வேண்டாம்.

இன்னொரு விஷயம் சார். இங்க கே.எல். நேஷனல் லைப்ரரி மெம்பர் நான். போனமுறை போனபோது பொக்க்கிஷம் போல ஒரு புத்தகம் என் கண்ணில் பட்டது. அதைப் பார்த்ததும் என்னமோ என் புத்தகத்தை அங்க பார்த்த சந்தோஷம். லிட்டரலா குதிச்சிட்டேன். என் சத்தம் கேட்டு எல்லாரும் எட்டிப்பார்த்தாங்க. (கொஞ்சம் கேவலமாத் தான் போச்சு. பட் மலர்விழி வாழ்க்கையில இதெல்லாம் சாதாரணம்).

புக் பேர் என்ன தெரியுமா??

விசாரணை.

5. varalotti

அது எப்படி மலர் ஒரு பின்னோட்டம் கொடுக்கும்போது ஒரு சிறுகதையோட எல்லா அம்சங்களையும் சேத்துக் கொடுக்கறீங்க? நான் அந்த கே. எல். லைப்ரரி நிகழ்வைச் சொல்கிறேன். ஜன்னலும் விசாரணையும் நான் முதன் முதலில் எழுதிய புத்தகங்கள். அவை இந்தியாவில் விற்றுத் தீர்ந்துவிட்டன. அடுத்த வருடம் மறுபதிப்புக் கொண்டு வரலாம் என்று சொல்லியிருக்கிறார்கள்.
    விசாரணையில் உள்ள கதைகள் நான் எழுத ஆரம்பித்து மூன்று ஆண்டுகளுக்குப் பின் வந்தவை. அந்த நூலிற்கு என்ன பெயர் வைப்பது என்று மண்டையை உடைத்துக் கொண்டிருந்தோம். அதைப் படித்துப் பார்த்த கவிதா பப்ளிகேஷன்ஸ் மாரிமுத்து 'இந்தக் கதையோட தலைப்பு தான் புஸ்தகத்துக்கும்' னு ஒரே போடா போட்டுட்டாரு.
    'விசாரணை' கதையில் இன்னொரு நெகிழ்வான விஷயமும் இருக்கு. ஆனந்தவிகடன்ல அந்தக் கதை வெளிவந்தவுடன ஜா.ரா.சுந்தரேசன் எனக்குப் பெரிசா ஒரு லெட்டர் போட்டிருந்தாரு. அப்பறம் ரொம்ப நேரம் போன்ல பேசினாரு. (அவருதான் பாக்கியம் ராமசாமி - அப்புசாமி-சீதாப்பாட்டிய உருவாக்கின பிரம்மா).
    நான் போட்ட மொக்கையப் பொறுத்துக்கிட்டதுக்கு நன்றி.

இந்த வாரமலர் கதை நிறையப் பேருக்குப் பிடிக்கல. நேத்து ஒரு டாக்டர் ராத்திரி 11 மணிக்குக் கூப்பிட்டு இப்படியெல்லாம் கதை எழுதினா ஆளு வச்சி அடிப்பேன்னு சொன்னாரு.
    ஆனா இந்தக் கதையப் படிச்சிட்டு ஒரு அம்மா (போலீஸ்காரங்களாத்தான் இருக்கணும்) எழுதியிருந்துச்சி "ஒரு நாள் லீவு வேணும்னாகூட ஆபீசரு கூட படுக்க வேண்டிய ஈனப் பொழப்புய்யா" ன்னு எழுதியிருந்துச்சி.
    பின்னோட்டத்திற்கும் விசாரணையைப் பார்த்துச் சத்தம் போட்டதற்கும் நன்றி. சரி அத எடுத்துப் படிச்சீங்களா?
    அன்புடன்
    வரலொட்டி

6. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Ohhhh... Yes, I read this story in Dinamalar - Varamalar, but I usually don't read the author's names, so missed it. I had no idea that it was yours. That was a wonderful story Sir!!

7. varalotti

thanks, ice. I am really happy with your compliments. Your feeling good about the story without knowing the author's name makes your words of praise even more authentic. thanks.
    sridhar