1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

My secrets of growing loooong hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Yashikushi, Apr 16, 2009.

1. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Hi, sorry

Pl. read the colour code and composition details

Green: natural;
    Blue : Natural + Medicine;
    Red : Natural + Chemical composition;
    Black : pure chemical.

1 person likes this.
  2. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Suman,

Thanks for the info, would really help us all select product next time we go for purchasing :)

2 people like this.
  3. anitharoy

anitharoy Junior IL'ite

why dont you sell the pack in ebay or tradus and we will buy from you.

1 person likes this.
  4. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

ideasmiley awwwwww,nice idea,but have no time to make all in one stretch.
    will think about your words.
    And thanks a lot.:Bow:

5. mariechin1234

mariechin1234 New IL'ite

Using herbal shampoo and conditioner help in hair growth. Raw egg is used to condition hair. If your hair is normal, use the whole egg. If it is oily, use only the egg whites. Use the yolks only for dry hair. Leave it on for 20 minutes then rinse off with cool water. Shampoo, rinse, and you’re done. You can condition your hair this way twice a month if you only use a portion of the egg – once a month if you are using the whole egg.

1 person likes this.
  6. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@mariechin1234
    Thanks for your sharing of tips on beautiful hair care

7. Flutter

Flutter Silver IL'ite

Very nice info. Thanks for sharing..

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@yashikushi

I had allergy to shikakai dust so avoided it. though when young i used to take bath with reetha alone with conditioning with hibiscus leaf conditioner and oil was cold pressed coconut oil. i had such dense and long hair that i had to have a customised comb because regular combs would not touch the scalp..and natural drying

slowly introduction to shampoo, and health issues, lost the thickness, and then lost length (below knee length)..

later made the same for dd but then she started having severe cold bouts i stopped. until her teenage she had thick hair and very very long. some of our friends were in love with that. now it is thin and i cut the length as she was finding it very difficult to manage. and she wanted easy washing techniques..shampoo/conditoner and more..the home made oil was too smelly was the comments from her classmates. so she stopped using it for the weekdays..(nammakkunnu naalu friends!!!!)

two months back, i think the hair style made it look like she was losing hair on the front (lucky me) she has come back to me. and why am i posting on this thread...i found a round about way of reducing the wheeze trigger.

I add more herbs than what you have mentioned for the wash powder. i add more reetha too, so that it gives a clean feel as hibiscus leaf fresh ones is difficult in the place i stay. i used brahmi powder, karisalanganni powder along with poolan kizhangu powder as she has some dandruff and issues on the scalp due to stress.

this is what i do. i soak the same overnight in boiling hot water. nicely mash it well as i don't mill everything. some of it is added by me to shikkakai powder that i get from a trusted naatu marundu shop. strain it. this allows for lesser residue sticking to the hair.thus makes it easier..than my dd it is my son who asks for this.. (he does not want to become bald soon..hereditary..lol)

for hairbath i use a herbal oil which has loads of the same stuff you have mentioned throughout steeped in it and it is almost 3 years old the bottle is not getting over, as it is only once a week. (neem, henna, curry leaves, tulsi, methi, pepper, and more..)

P.S. most oil..dabur amla, almond oil or any of these oils that are on the shelf..80-90% of them have mineral oil at above 60%. i searched for one without mineral oil last month with vail. i used the same to convince my daughter to get back to regular coconut oil for everyday .

Note: waiting to see if there is any change in her hair loss. will keep you updated. i wish kids were more understanding when they are first told..(namma parentum iddaan yosithu irupaanga./even our parents would have thought the same)

2 people like this.
  9. Oswin

Oswin New IL'ite

I use coconut oil and honey and cassia on my hair, and no heat! My hair is nearly to my knees :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

I am doing hair mask almost every alternate days. My very favorite hair mask is Aloe vera and methi. My hair masks are Henna, Aloe vera and methi, combining yogurt,egg and methi, egg and castor oil, drench my hair in olive oil and the list goes on all excellent things from my kitchen. I feel so good by doing the hair mask not much worried about how much it grows but taking the "me time" is more important for me. and the results are fantastic.

3 people like this.