1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My School Language in My childhood

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aparnupillai, Jun 5, 2009.

1. aparnupillai

aparnupillai Junior IL'ite

I’m new to this IL community and also this is my first experience of writing a blog. So if i have made any mistake,please give your suggestions. i have been waiting for your valuable comments.
    Everyone in his/her life might miss their childhood days when they grown up. The sweet memories always come in our mind, when we are alone or living far away from our home town. All the past things happened cannot be stored in our mind,but some which we are saying as Golden are definitely occupied their own seat in our brain. Like such i’m also having and wish to scribble those, thinking that you all might accept my writings.
    When i was studing in KG or I standard,in our school(not in my school almost all schools) all the students should speak in English, otherwise we had to give a fine as 25paises. So all students started speaking in our own Tanglish language. I never forget 2 or 3 things which even now a days i feel laughing by remembering those which we had spoken.
    While classes were going on, at that time if we need to go toilet, we used to ask our madam “Miss! Shall i toilet go to toilet?” .
    And while talking with other students, whatever words we know we used to add –ing with that and we spoke. One fine rainy day, i spoke with my friend(i wished to tell her that it was a heavy rain), that why rain is so paenching. Now a days also i use to talk like that when it came in my mind.
    All my olden days are golden days,lot in my mind, but as my first blog i’m feeling little tensed while writing. Please bear me if you find this as an useless blog.

2. Nilaraseegan

Nilaraseegan Bronze IL'ite

Welcome to IL and Blogging(in your style add "ing" :)
    You write very well there is no need to get tense. Its your blogspace you can write whatever you think. We are always there for the support.
    I really enjoyed reading your first blog entry esp.
    //why rain is so paenching. //
    this line. :rotfl

Keep posting aparnupillai :)

3. aparnupillai

thanks Nilaraseegan...thanks a lot for ur support.

4. Ruhi

Ruhi Senior IL'ite

hi aparnu,
    Congratulations for your first Blog.
    You explain your tanglish experiences very nicely.
    Keep Blogging!!!

:cheers

5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Aparnu
    Welcome to blogging world:) Its a nice experience that you have narrated.It took me to my school days,were we also were to give a fine of 50ps if caught speaking in Malayalam.And we always managed to escape the fine by compromises;) It was fun too...and now after everything my language is very badly effected:( My malayalam has an english accent whereas my english has a malayalam accent!!!!

6. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Welcome to IL. Nice blog.
    It reminds me of my school, where once the Princi slapped a kid for speaking in Hindi.

7. aparnupillai

Dear ruhi,ami and aruna,

Thanks a lot for ur comments...I'l try to write better in the forthcoming my blogs... Thanks for ur support...

8. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Hey that was a cute one!! :)

9. aparnupillai

Dear sigmabeta,

thanks a lot for ur comment.