1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

MY SCHOOL DAYS ---PART3(final part)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mums, Feb 29, 2012.

1. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

The first thing I liked about School life was BIRTHDAYS.

We used to get chocolates in the first period.
    If I am the b’day girl then I used to get pampered the entire day (most of the teachers would give A grade in home works!!!!).

If it’s normal friends b’day---one chocolate

Best friend’s b’day-----will get extra chocolates……yay two extra…

Very best friend’s b’day----extra chocolates + invitation for party at home.

Disadvantage of attending party at home is---we have to buy some gifts. In those days they only served 1piece of cake and few chips and few left over school chocolates from morning.

With that gift money I could have had, yummy masala dosa and vada Sāmbhar at nearby Shanti sagar (a fast food joint).

The second thing I liked about School life was –school trips. Previous day we will be left home early to pack things for the trip. Half of my bag would be filled with eatables………no no not for myself……I have to share it with friends, friends turned enemies, and enemies turned friends, teachers, and aayas.

I would eagerly wait with friends to have a first look at the tour bus.
    As soon as the bus comes, my mom would bribe the teacher with some of her antics and get me a windowless seat, I mean the seat which is not next to the windows (though I love window seats).
    When the bus starts she will start that famous dialogues---don’t keep your hand or head near window, I have kept eatables, have them on time blah blah………throughout the journey we used to sing antyakshari and play fun games.
    Yes, even teachers used to sing and dance during trips.
    The place which I enjoyed the most was Chennai beaches.

I loved Movie Day----yes we had a 1rupee movie day. We have to pay 1rupee to the class teacher for getting movie ticket. Wait wait……its not usual masala movie…….it used to be a children’s movie with one or two pet animals as the supporting actors.

We were made to arrive early by 7am for a 10am movie.
    Why the hell on earth they forced us to come 3hrs early??? May be they knew we would sleep during the movie …….so the entire teachers gang had decided to spoil our sleep (to reach by 7am, we got up early and missed sleep)…….and that missed sleep was put to use while watching the movie.

But i enjoyed sitting in theatre, going in long queue with a pair of two’s, getting extra money from parents to buy eatables during intervals, clapping hands for funny scenes .

We were told to carry Tiffin and lunch boxes along with water bottles. My classmate Kumbakarana used to empty all his food before interval itself!!!!!!!

School Days (cultural day conducted once in a year) ---used to take part in dance programmes. It was fun to watch Kindergarten kids dancing with mismatching steps…..i liked their make ups, their chubby cheek would be filled with pink blushers…….it would be very entertaining to watch with full packed whistling crowd. I still miss those days……

Friendship Day----used to tie band to everyone.
    I enjoyed going out with Sister the previous day and look at all bands and rakhis.
    It was every guys nightmare to get rakhis……they were comfortable only with friendship bands…….person with most number of bands in their right hand would be considered as a coolest friend.

My younger sister had less friends so she used force me to tie her also a band……..i know she is a cheater!!!!

Teacher’s day---would wish all teachers. We used to buy roses for our favorite teachers. I dint like to buy for everyone but my brother who is politically correct24/7, requested me to give roses to all teachers (even though I never understood few of them s teachings).

When I look back, i feel thankful to my parents for enrolling me in a good school (yes essay writing was bugging…..).

What I am today is because of those golden days i spent in Schools and college.

I would have mentioned many dislikes about school life but still it’s one of the best phase in my life.

Though I dint like few incidents, I respect and cherish the entire journey.

I was enlightened about my hidden love towards School life on our Fare well day. I could see tears from a teacher whom I thought was not fit for teaching ………I felt ashamed to know they loved us though we hated their teachings………I couldn’t recognize any enemies, I could see only best friends who had made my journey memorable for 12years.

We hugged our class teacher and cried a lot……she said----“I love u kids a lot. I want to see you every day in my life. Since you are missing school, don’t fail in exam and re-enter as a student. I will miss you, it’s ok……all of you clear the exams with good percentage and enter a good college. You will get still better loving professors in college. Don’t think this is the end……your journey starts only now……keep in touch and get good name for our school where ever you go…….All the best”.

Yes she was correct, our journey started only after that…….we know school days were best and hence they are given only once in life.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

I have so much to say mums.. will come in a day or two and give an fb.. but i want mine to be first fb...

And for now..... Really good one & Liked it alot.

so now After a day I came back to write all those I wanted to mums... Pl bear this is going to be lengthy fb...

So till the previous posts you have mentioned what bothered you in school, now I loved reading the best moments of yours..

I knew that on bday we will be treated well but giving A grades its new thing to me,. I liked this deal mums...

hee.. heee :rotfl:rotfl

I could realte with it and it used to come from my dad ofcourse...

Loved the humour in this mums..

I must agree this is the best part of school days, with so much practice sessions and spending extra hours on it .. though the college days too have that activities.. The innocence during those school days I missed later on.

This is the best part of our school days mums... Went back to my school days completely... :)

just a :bowdownfor this...

Your teachers words are true and glad to hear from you on this...

3. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Hey Mums , u have brought back my school days :)
    I do remember how i failed miserably in controlling my sleep in the theatre.:bonk class hours is better than such boring movies :)

4. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

wow mums..........i went back to my school days really enjoyed those days missing a lot. Want to spend atleast one day now with all my friends and teachers know which is not possible...........thanks you for such a nice blog

5. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

School days are very interesting for me too, especially i studied 6th - 12th (7 years) in the same school. Whenever i look back it contemplates the transformation from small boy to later teen era of me. The innocence to idiotic.

The best part is the sea shore is just 100 meters away from my school main gate, so most of the evenings after school hours & some of the afternoon during school hours spend there.

Thanks for bring back the breeze in the memories & appreciate your effort to content it in 3 parts.

:)

6. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I was a bit overwhelmed to read the entire piece Mums. Enjoyed your narration and reminisced those good times too. Thanks. -rgs

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

It is a happy ending finally. The school days are very special always. I would say those teachers who say nice words to encourage the students are very special and do things beyond their duty of teaching. It is true most of them are strict during the school time only to make us better. The motive is excellent. I always think about them as ladders that allow every child to step on and move up. Money they get paid is trivial when compared to the emotions they show in preparing the seeds for the future.

Viswa

8. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Really it's a good Blog,oh!!!!!I went back to my school days,Still i remember, all the teachers name. After reading your Article, One day I am going to visit my school and i would like to spend some times .Thanks for giving nice Blog!

9. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot dear for giving first FB :thumbsup

10. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your Fb dear.

For me movies were better than class hours......:bonk