My R2I diary

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by Tridev, May 22, 2010.

1. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Returning to India has been going on in my mind for a while now. I thought to start a diary here to pen down my thoughts , emotions. Been in US close to 6 yeras , but have been traveling from India every year since 2001. Came to US in 2004 got a full time job which I still have. Applied Green card which is in final stage. Call it 485 or EAD in EB3. Always felt a void and emptimess to live my life here. I have heard people say happy people are always happy anywhere, but I feel I am not among them. I am like that wondering monk who has no destination it seems. The thought of going to India is infact very exciting.

I booked my one way ticket first time end of june. Was challenging to do that. Each day marks its own challenge. Am I doing right? I am going to India , dont have a job yet , have a full time job in US a 6 figure salary. Peaceful life. I am going to unknown situation . Have been out of touch from India, just few visits in these years. But still feel like to go ahead

When I hear the problems like water, electricty, heat, traffic, I get to think how to live there? But may be time will make it better for me

When I see India , it offers so many things, so many languages which I felt were a negative for India today I feel they are positive, because the diversity brings so much color in life. I like to watch and listen to music from so many languages I know , May be 4-5. If we were not in India we would have known one or may be two languages. The culture is so rich in India. Folk songs, music , ghazals, pop , filmi. Just name it and we can see and relate our self to everything ..

I have started my packing. Completed some formalities like closing cell phone connection., cable connection. Will be selling car next month , plan to be done by June 20th with all the stuff and ready to go.

Big challenge is to find a job , but I am hopeful. Then the challenge is to work in that job as work culture is pretty different in India . But I know with so many returnees, I wont be an exception either. I wish and pray my return becomes successful I wish I dont repent my return ever. I wish that day come when I live in India happily....

I want my passion for India increases day by day till I go and sustain there. I will keep posting on this thread to share my feelings, concerns, experience with my plan of R2I.

Last edited: May 22, 2010

2. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi

u did a good job. even my brother and sister's hubby are in usa only. but they dont understand my feelings. i keep silent because its their career and future. i just pray to god they must return back soon. but i think they are getting addicted to us life style and want the same here. but they can't understand they are sons of the bharat and their roots are here only. only God must give good idea.

lakshmi

be honest to your consciousness

3. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Hi Lakishmi, every one is different. There are people who never move out of India. There are Indians who never go back to India. All kind of people everywhere. There are some who go back to India and return too. My stars or astro have been telling me my luck is outside India and to not return. So actually I am sailing across the tides you see. I am skeptical I need to find job before I come to India or in few days or weeks time to get peace of mind. BUT in my mind I also want a sincere break from work for some time. May be 2-3 months. Just relax be in India, see India and then get back to work life... FULFILLED.

1 person likes this.
  4. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Things I want to do in India eagerly

1. Read times of India, navbharat times . Oh I love those news paper
    which we hardly read in US
    2. Watch or browse all TV channels, I dont even know how many are
    there , I remember sony, zee, star from the time I was there. I want to
    see how tata sky, dishnetwork works and what they offer at so low
    rate , they do offer low rates, its wonderful
    3. Ah, internet connection the broadband. A cell phone connection
    4. listen to Hindi FM radio...
    5. Eat at a nice restarutant. the challenge is to pick the item from menu, so many choices in India food, long time seen one...
    6. Pat a dog at the nukkad.....

For now this is the list...

5. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

By the way I have heard India has become very expensive. I hope I am not caught searching my pocket for money :)

6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

when is your return? Good luck. Send me email or PM later.

7. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

All the best Tridev. I'm eagerly looking forward to positive updates in this diary of yours:thumbsup. The only hurdle in relocating to India (IMO) is finding a suitable job. I think,once that is done things will fall in place like house location/school for kids/commuting time etc.

I was wondering about this:
    This means the person can travel back to US, in near future. Am I right? I'm just asking this question on a separate note;nothing to do with you. Since it was mentioned, I got this thought.

Keep us posted and good luck

8. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

If a person has Advance parole, EAD, I guess one can travel back and find another job in near future. That is not an issue. yes finding a suitable job is a hurdle. But I feel I have reached a roadblock in my current job. Its as stagnant as we can imagine.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  9. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Hi Tridev,

All the best for your future. You will surely find something interesting in India. Reading your list of things you want to do eagerly, makes me want to go back to India too (dying to read navbharat times, dainik bhaskar).

No matter what, nothing beats India.

All the very best. India awaits you with open arms and endless opportunities. India awaits you with the buzzing life that I so much miss abroad.

regards

10. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Shiva, yeah life is a roller coaster ride, For now my emotions are running high. I hope I can get success with R2I , there are lot of challenges though

By the way do you plan to return to India Or you pretty much going to live in Oman?

Last edited: May 23, 2010