1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My question, your story - creativity (3)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by shubhasiddharth, Apr 9, 2009.

1. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

"Saab, give me 1 rupee saab, its been 3 days since I ate anything -asked the beggar as Arun was sitting in his car waiting for the light to turn green"

What was Arun thinking then?I am sure you all know.

As usual, please keep the stories short.

2. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

He thought about yesterday's incident when he saw a small boy of same age of this beggar. Such an innocent face, was it innocent or he just pretended it. How he was asking for money. Out of pity Arun gave him a 5 rupee coin and to his surprise how that boy went to a shop and bought a cigarette for himself. Arun was shocked, a boy , a beggar who was begging like anything has lighten up a cigarette !!!

Arun decided, he will never help a beggar, atleast not with the money...

3. swethakalyanee

swethakalyanee New IL'ite

Day dreaming at the signal !

Arun was thinking deeply whether to help this begger or not. For a minute, his heart went out for that poor beggar. He recently read in a spiritual magazine that helping the poor and needy is a great karma. He handed out a 5 rupee coin to the beggar only to see a small boy next to the beggar asking for paisa. He gave a 2 re coin to that boy and turned to see a lady with a baby on the other side begging for money. He gave a 2 re coin to that lady and heard many vehicles honk from his back. He jerked out from his day dream to see the signal turn green. He heard the beggar scolding Arun for not giving a single paisa even after few minutes wait!

4. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Arun saw the lady. She must be around 40 years. Arun asked something to the lady and she agreed.

Arun opened the backdoor of the car and the lady got in. The car went to a house and Arun took the lady inside. It is "Rehabilition centre for the beggers".

The manager of the centre told Arun that they will teach tailoring to the lady and will help in getting a sewing machine also.

The lady thanked Arun for changing her from begger to a self earning lady.

andal

5. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Arun thought "You are all a well planned community, out there to cheat gullibles like me. Anyway, whats the use of my giving you a rupee. IT cant buy you anything. Try to work and earn your living. You look healthy" But he dint say out any of this. Instead he took out the packet of biscuits he had in his bag for eating during his lunch time and gave it to the beggar, inspite of knowing that he will have to skip lunch because of the project deadline, and the buscuit would have become his lunch.

6. shubhasiddharth

@Deepali
    I know this is such a common stuff everywhere..you offer them food, they woudlnt want that, all they need is money.Good one Deeps.

7. shubhasiddharth

@Swetha
    Haha, good one.I liked the twist in the story.

8. shubhasiddharth

@Andal
    Awesome,I loved the ending.Dont we all feel nice about happy endings? Yours was definitely one.

9. shubhasiddharth

@Sigmabeta
    So true,so true. Human beings are basically kind and compassionate and this story just shows that.

10. ramapriyah

ramapriyah New IL'ite

Arun saw the beggar boy and was reminded of Jamal, Salim and Latika of "The Slumdog Millionaire". Maybe, this boy was also trapped like them. Thinking about the story gave him the shiver of his life.He immediately took out Rs.100/- from his pocket and whispered somthing to the boy. The boy got inside his car and lead him to his Dhabba. Arun had by then informed his men about this place and they were there waiting for his orders. Together, they raided the place and arrested the "Thalaivan" (GAng head).

You guessed it right, Arun was non other than ARUN IPS.

:thumbsup