1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Pound of Flesh

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sharada,

Thanks for your concern. I am now under alternative medicine treatment. if need will definitely ask for a reference.

your way of erasing hard feelings looks interesting.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi sameepa,

thanks for peeping in. good to know that you have forgiven, and moved ahead....

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi puni,

thanks for peeping in. I have also heard that panditha putra sunta...you know the actual reason for that quote..it is that when you have a pandit at home, you always postpone learning, because you think the pandit is in my house i can learn any time..but sometimes due to lot of factor is never happens...

Good to know that you felt better after talking? to your mil...your mind...

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear varloo,
    thank you.

I admire you ...as I have by now come to know the struggle you faced and success you have achieved:hatsoff. and i will say amen to that Aravindh should really come up to be looked upon...
    that will be your pound of flesh.....

5. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear most Shanthi ma'am,

According to me, as I have inculcated from my father, forgiving plays a vital role in the initial stages of our healing process. Man brings out his barbaric nature back from the ages when he becomes the cause for adding oil to the burning fire of pain during adverse conditions. Holding on to anger and revenge for the same will push us into a blind alley.

When ever am pressurized either by relatives or by my peer group, I tend to double my patience and thank Almighty for granting me such a boon in my fruitful life. More importantly, i take it as a challenge to strive hard and come past the hurdles that have come my way and try to analyze the reason behind their existence.

Introspection, is the one phenomenon i would always associate and correlate to any kind of situation. Sorrow or joy, anger or peace, guilt or satisfaction, pride or possession, are all the different shades in the pellet of life. The way these shades are treated differs from personality to personality and the same reflects in the blood of our character. That's where the "Pound of flesh" can be differentiated !!

I pray to the Supreme head to shower your good self with strength and double your confidence to raise up in all such conditions that has been sketched and timed by the Almighty-self.

Regards
    Take good care of your health ma'am. All our prayers too !
    RamyaVaradharajan

6. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,
    That was a very sad experience of yours. I can fully empathise with you since I too have undergone such experiences in Life. In the younger days I used to retaliate but ultimately, after my health started taking a toll on me, I decided to digest all injuries to my soul. Then I went into a depression for some time. I decided to fight back- No, not the people who hurt me but but my depressive state of mind. With my doctor friend's help and a lot of meditation I regained my lost health as well as my my true nature. Now I just don't care if anybody hurts me and I just pray God to change them into better persons if not for myself, for their own betterment and upliftment. And I can vouch. PRAYERS do get answered! So don't lose heart.

7. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear shanvy,
    It is indeed very hard a situation.As the tamil saying goes"kotradhu theloda gunam,kadikkaradhu paamboda gunam".that is it.But still we cannot take it lightly,we would have been hurt.If i am in your place,i would have initially not tolerated,which woud obviously be seen from our behavior.But still we belonging to the category"Avangalukkum namakkum enna vithyasam"(tamil) ,would have handled in a matured way.My college chairman during his speech in my last day of college said "Students,upto now you had no commitment,you were happy and protected in the college.But here after,life will not be so easier.There are two category of people ,one who always looks at your difficulties and feel happier,the other one has no time to look at you at all.The situation goes the same way.There are some people who will never live their life,instead expect whether there will be any issues to be discussed.And even"namakku rendu kannu ponalum paravaillai,aduthavanukku oru kannavadhu ponum".I think in olden days all proverbs have been said with ref to these incidents .So this has been happening right from the world born.I know u will tackle difficulties well.So i find no point in consoling and advicing u.

Take care dear.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi ramya,

Thanks for your concern. good to know that you also follow the same.
    have a nice year ahead....

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

malathi,

Even me when I was young, I was known for my hasty retaliation. to the extent, i hit a guy on a busy main road of a city, who misbehaved without giving the guy a chance to say sorry, and I regreted it later. veda's immediate boss saw me doing it..it was talk of our office for quite few month's. With age, I have mellowed down, become forgiving striving toward being a better human being and to set a example for my kids...

let me say amen to your prayers..

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

bhargavi,

thanks for stepping in. your principal looks like a wise man. i see a lot of rendu kannu ponalum..but i feel sorry for them than anger...

you too take care..happy new year. god bless you with all nice things..