1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Pound of Flesh

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi nivedi,

Thanks for stepping in. Sorry for your loss. When I see around me, I feel nature has its own ways of doing a balancing act. One of the person I mentioned, has suffered a lot even before he came up with this remark....they forget that they suffered.

By not answering back, or by not reacting, we are showing we are more stronger, not the other way round. even though they may come out more spiteful as there was no reaction...you know the reason why they come more strong..because they feel the failure of not being able to make a dent in your principles...

but you are winner...you are free of any hard feelings,the moment you let go....

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

subbi,

Looks like you are in the receiving end. Even when you deal with them everyday, being extra nice to them does the trick.....And sorry I still don't think of them as animals....

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi kamla,

I am under treatment..and it is a slow recovery..but to tell you right now i
    am fine. I think i should thank god for giving me so many well wishers...

Yes,writing it here has helped me get rid of that last of my anger. I have come to peace with myself.

I don't avoid any of them.

Thanks for all your wishes..

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi AC,

thanks for all your wishes. yes, I have a great friend in Veda.yes all the FB's were amazing and helpful in their own way.

5. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,

I didn't know that you were very ill... Happy to know that you are recovering...

I read your post and the replies just now only... You are such a thoughtful person for not retaliating to those unsympathetic people... I would have definitely shouted at them...
    I have relatives who are just like yours... I have retaliated to their comments at times, but felt bad later...

Best Wishes to you, Veda and your kids.. Get well soon...

6. sameepa

sameepa New IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

I just saw your post and it reminded me of my past ( present?).

Reading your post reminds me of the numerous taunts that I have received from my in-laws about the severe migraines I get. In fact it is a source of mirth for everyone whenever I get them, including my DH.

I still remember once when I had the flu and I had high fever and could get out of bed. I could not help in the household activities. I got yelled at for not doing any work. After a couple of days the person who yelled at me, came down with the same flu and realized her mistake and apologized profusely. There have been many such instances.

At no time have I retaliated. Later, I think about the reply I could have given, but I never seem to have the right thing to say when someone is verbally abusing me.

I do think about the past sometimes, but I have forgiven and moved on. Honestly, I cannot bring myself too hate or avoid them. They are more worth my pity for their lack of sensitivity. I try to believe that if you choose not to accept any of the hurtful words that people throw at you, it goes back to them.

From you posts I can see that you are a strong woman. Best regards to you and your family.

7. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

hi Shanthi,

First of all, Get Well Soon! bouquet.jpg I know that Homeopathy works wonders on your type of illness. Let me know if you need any reference.

Secondly, my request is to all ILites: Please dont call this type people - "animals". Animals dont hurt each other. They live by nature. They hunt/hurt only when they need to eat/mate. But we humans are unique 'coz of our superior brain.

If I were in your shoes, Shanthi, my first reaction to this relative is like this - With a big smile - If i am physically ill, he is mentally ill. So, lets both commit suicide! No? he cannot die? Then shut up 'coz he may hurt others who are weak. Not me! tsk Sorry, I dont take :********! I'm So Sure about it! I have enough stress without him adding his share!
    You have shown the mental maturity which is beyond words. :hatsoff Using all the negative energy in the positive way is very difficult. As Life happens we get hurt. I always write out any hard feelings I have about anyone and keep it in a safe place. After a few days, (when i am much calmer) I take it out and re-edit it. I repeat this editing business until I feel I'm done with it (the people). I then discard it. This helps me a lot!

Regards,
    Sharada

8. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shanthi,
    I never got a chance to read these post since a month, as I was busy with office work.
    I am glad that you have chosen the path 'Forgive and forget'.
    Not many people would do that. Many people have sharp tongue.

During school age, I was not that bright student.
    SO my neighbours used to insult me and my parents saying that
    'Teachers kids will never study'.
    Today, that guy is struggling to get his daughter's married.

I think some people get happiness by hurting other people's feelings.

Recent incident :
    My MIL was spreading to everybody that I don't know cooking and
    my husband is cooking everyday and I am just sitting like a queen.
    I really got mad at her and last night I asked her why she is doing such things,
    when I am married for 10yrs and its such a shame that I am getting insulted like this.
    After asking her, I felt really relaxed and calm. Otherwise I would have felt so much anger at her, heavy with heart and I would have kept on grumbling at my husband about his mom.
    I felt that what I did was right, instead of feeling heavy with heart and mind.

~Punitha

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,
    we have to bear with such people in this world, isn't it? I am happy that you are well now. You have such a sweet nature, as you have said forgiving them is the best lashing out.
    I had been taunted by my hubby's brother when our child was delayed. When we had a son, he was very jealous (I don't know why-may be because he has two daughters). When my son had medical problems, this man would always say that the child is mental, even to my face. Without my hubby's support, where do I stand? I used to pray to God to help my son come up well in life so that these same people should look up to him.
    By lashing out, we may feel satisfied but later we might regret our own words.It is easy to lash out, but difficult to keep your cool.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

manju,

Thank you. when we shout/lash, we feel for it later....that is natural....maybe we have to find subtle ways to show them we are hurt....