1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Pound of Flesh

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Shan

Forgive and forget is what is said ... forgiving can be done.. " they are part of family.. " they are 'like that only'... "you know them.. they are like that '... oft heard responses ..but forgetting is difficult ...

You know what I do ? if somebody has been nasty to me (intentionally).. i am extra nice to them... knowing fully well that the other person out there ... is totally confused ... I love it when they have that mystified look on their face !!

maybe thats my way of getting my Pound of flesh ?? :)

Not to worry ... finally you are the winner ... Believe me.. I have gone through lots and lots ...

Bless you

Bhooma

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi kripa,

right now i am laughing just thinking of how you imagine people,as animals, and i pray to god, you don't need to refer the animal kingdom for want of names.....i assume it is really therapeutic for you....

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

Thanks for being here. Actually I was worried, am i making a mistake by not retaliating.thanks for telling me i am correct and also for the blessing.

and liked the quotes from mahabaratha...i wish people read the epics to follow it in life rather than as a story....bonk

4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shanthi,

It is sad when ppl can speak or act so rudely, when u r not feeling well.

If u had retaliated, maybe, u would have felt u have avenged, atleast for that moment...but now u have grown taller by few inches in character:hatsoff by not snapping back at them.

"An eye for eye will make the world go blind". I atleast believe in that..

Keep it up Shanthi.And take care of ur health...donnot bother about those petty ppl.

bye

5. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite

Dear Shanthi Mam,

Am praying for your speedy recovery. Even my SIL has a sharp tongue and she talks whatever she wants regardless of the age. I dont talk with her much as I cant bear those words and I know she feels she is intelligent when she speaks like that. Like her the relatives of yours I feel sorry for those people. It is more difficult to forgive them. Maybe when I get mature I will do that.

Love
    Lakshmi

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

You have nurtured such a lovely nature in you. I am patient, do not react immediately, but when I see them suffering, I remind them about what they had said on that day very softly and tell them God always does justice. I am not the forgiving kind. I never forgive people who hurt me, its not in my nature. I get immense satisfaction when I lash back on them. My words are enough to keep such people at bay from me.

Shanvy, I was a very quite person, respecting people even if they lash out. Later, I realized they have taken me as punching bag. Now, each of them stay away from me. Nobody, crosses my path. I give them in return. That has made my life easy. My advice is you should vent it out. Venting helps to relax at times. I feel relaxed after lashing back. I cannot sleep with baggages inside my brain.

7. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,
    Very well written.
    I jus cannot imagine how can such a person talk like that when one is sick.
    My Father used to repeatedly tell these words to me.Whenever u think about a person only the positive things about them should come to your mind.It is easy to throw back words at a person.But it is hard to forgive them and always hard paths lead to you to success in life.Only by these principles my father was able to come out of betrayals by his own brothers.

I am sure a go getter like u will come out from all hardships with full zeal and enthu.

Regards,
    Shantha Kasiarunachalam/:

8. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,

Like the scorpion in the story, there are people whose nature is to sting. We need not sting back at them, but we should never allow them to do it again and again. They have no business to speak in such a manner. Foolish souls, they think they are above pain and loss.

I grew up in a large joint family with my father's brothers and sisters - some married, some widowed. I was 14 when my father died. A month after he died, we lost my eldest brother also who was 19 at that time. Both my father and brother had been in and out of hospitals for a year before they died. While we were grappling with the loss of these lives and the pain that they went through, we were constantly sorrounded by rude remarks from my fathers sisters. Everyday we would have to hear their remarks of how my mother, my other brother and me were alive because we were the worst of sinners who got what we deserved. They would remind us everyday that the ones who died also deserved that pain and illness. Living in the same house, they also celebrated festivals. We were penniless and had no way out but to bear their taunts, else we would have no home and food. My mother never answered them back and taught me also never to react, however cruel they were. My mothers approach did not appeal to me, because till now they behave the same way with her.

9. subbi

subbi New IL'ite

hai
    I agree with you people to deal with such animals.how do u deal with these creatures
    if you have to deal with them everyday.
    Forgiving means , doyou stop interacting with them
    Can my beloved friends give advise on this issue
    subbi:iagree

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanvy,

Thanks to Varalotti who nominated this post for FP, or else, I would have missed out on this.

Shanthi, first things first. I hope you are on the way to recovery. I am concerned about your spinal cord injury. Take good care and I shall pray to God for your speedy recovery. Alone with kids and coping with everyday chores, you are doing a wonderful job and my respects to you.

I think I am very late here. You have received wonderful fbs from our friends here and it must have done a whale of good to your psyche. Let me confess, it has also done me good. So many good words and so many ways to cope with the unfair people of this world, almost all of us need such soothing words to cope with the barbs we face from time to time.

I am glad that you showed how strong you can be at the time of temptation. It is so easy to stoop to their level, but you stood tall and let it pass. :hatsoff:hatsoff

Yes, forgive and carry on ahead. I force myself to forgive and get on. But I wonder if I can forget. It is also not wise to forget. We will be fools to subject ourselves to such pain again and again. I make a big curve around such nasty people, if possible.

All the best to you and your family. You and Vysan sir are lovely people, I know that from what you both write here. My best wishes to you both.

L, Kamla