1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Pound of Flesh

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Dec 27, 2007.

1. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,
    I felt really bad reading your post.Its really disgusting to have such kinda relatives- i wud say "so-called -relatives".My mother is exactly like you.How much ever anyone teases her or pass on hurting comments, she doesnt react back to them.Instead if there is an occassion at their home my mom wud be the first one to go and help them making a perfect example of : "Inna setharae" as Chitvish has mentioned.
    Many a time i have fought with my mom for her insane act (to me it was insane in those days), but now after getting married and after having met "REALLY INSANE" people in my close family(in-law circle),i now understand that my mom's way was okay...But, I would definitely not go and help them...had i been in that situation.

Have faith in God, that one day or the other they realise the value of YOU and come back to you for help......

Take care dear and may god be with you !

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oh Shanthi it is so sad to know that you were so serious.
    And the relatives..........so horrible of them, yeh they might be jealous of you ya, becoz even thou you were so serious you still woke up and did your chores and looking after the kids.
    I think you should always give such people back or they will never realise and try to hurt you again in future, that is for sure.
    How i wish I was there for you dear, I can only feel sorry from here. During such time we really feel someone near or dear is beside us. I know this very well when we are alone and still have to do everything as no one to help.
    You are really great it is not easy for everyone to forgive, but this incident will go on coming to your mind whenever you see them.
    Thank God you are back on your legs.
    Takecare and God give you lot of strenght to face all the problems.

3. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanthi ma'am

You have been so kind in forgiving others who have pricked n pierced a lot with words.
    Srini sir has quoted a nice verse from Mahabharata. Not only Hinduism, but all the religions preach forgiveness.
    'Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do' is the very essence of Christianity.
    And yet very few are able to live up to these words because we find it interesting only when we read our Holy books, and think it is extremely difficult to live by.
    What others are directing at us, says nothing about us, but it says something powerful about them. This is the foremost realization step in forgiveness.
    I would like to quote a few words here about forgiveness, from a book i have read, which i can never forget..

FORGIVENESS....
    You do not have to struggle with it..
    You do not have to fight..
    You do not have to win..
    You only have to know.

Ma'am you have been great in forgiving others in a world which practices revenge in every corner of the globe. And i hope you will continue rejoicing that higher level of living!!

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Veda,

Writing this has been more cathartic than I thought...I don't even have single hard feeling about any of them now...I only feel bad, that they don't realise, that they are winning the wrath and hatred of others by being so heartless??

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sowmya,

You can only communicate to a person who is willing to understand other's feelings....your displeasure or pleasure is not going to make a difference to them...That understanding should come from within....

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,

As I write this fb i am smiling happily, i have not done anything to get this kind of affection from you people...I am recovering...and I am on treatment...with all your wishes i will recover more..

I don't have any hard feelings towards them at all...as i said to veda it is a cathartic experience... and also, it is a very difficult topic to handle....forgiving and forgetting...(when you talk, it will be said, only if you are under the hammer you will know...)..so i took up my own experience.

It is not age that gives the maturity, that is what i have understood. two of the persons mentioned were above 60..it is life, circumstances that teach you values...both of them say all the slokas, do sandyavandhanam, and everything,,saying pora velaikku puniyam (accumulating puniyam for the judgement day)..they tend to forget a small word,action hurting another human being erases or nullifies everything.

I can retaliate very harshly..I am known to put a point across like pushing a needle in a banana...but i did not feel like..i felt like how the sage must have felt when the scorpion bit..at the first instance..but later on the poison worked...making me realise i am also a ordinary human being who can feel anger,hatred...so this post is helping me erase it, out...

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Chithmam,

I understand what you meant... and also quite true that forgiving makes you feel better..... ..... i never think anything negative to any of them...i just say god help me overcome this...and give them good thought..

Yes i thank god for giving me tolerance and patience.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi presci,

Thanks for being here...and thanks for your prayers.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Janani,

People who are known for their sharp tongue, cannot be made to understand their mistake by subtle references...
    I have seen my share of the kind of people like the one you referred.
    Thanks for being here.