1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My political career

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by dsmenon, Oct 9, 2014.

1. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

After reading Neethu's post about her dancing gig. I remembered one of the incidents that happened when i was doing my BS.

@Neethu, I didnot want to hijack your thread.

So here it goes..

You know how in Kerala in college campuses student politics is a big thing. My mom had warned me against any of these "activities" before even getting an admission. But after all it is me i was brainwashed into it and got myself nominated for the college Arts and Club sec position.:2thumbsup:
    I was happy, excited and scared to death about how i will hide it from my mom. :hide:My dad was pretty much on-board with this. Anyways we decided to keep this under the wraps till the elections got over and then even though we didnot have a plan we were pretty much sure that we could convince mom.

So the elections came closer. We were busy with campaigns, meetings and what not. Any day i reached home late i used to blame the bus, blame the teachers for doing extra classes, complaining about friends who just wanted to spend some time with me..

Anyways mom, one day, while we were having break fast suddenly popped up the question. "DS, what is happening with the election? How is your campaigning going on?":eek:mg: I don't remember the rest of her questions as i started choking on my food. My FBI mom, i don't know how she got the wind that i was standing for the elections. The next thing i remember is going through my withdrawal of my candidacy. My dad who was supposed to support me acted as if this was news to him.

Once i was back home, my mom (as though she is some kind of hit-man oops sorry hit-woman) "DS and DS' daddy, you guys listen to me carefully, next time you try to pull any such things remember i have eyes and ears all around" :help

Alas, there ends my political career. Otherwise, who knows i would have at least been a CM by now.

Well, now i am sitting here writing a snippet about the demise of my political career in IL and to this day i don't know how she came to know of that. Everytime i ask her she just smiles and says - "i have my sources" :bonk

Rgds,
    DS

9 people like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

ha ha ha - nice one DS.

gods own country missed a CM, dd of an FBI mom :)

you are not for that career for sure, because you abstained from hijacking N's thread, a real politician would not have bothered to hijack :):):)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    4 people like this.
  3. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Nice snippet DS :)

1 person likes this.
  4. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Hey dear D,

How bad you withdrew eh? I was thinking somehow you would have pulled it off :|
    My mom was smart enough, she packed me off from there after school. I missed these fun badly :((((
    I tell you another incident OK, every time she’ll shock me with her brilliance. I had gone home for semester vacations. These people had planned to attend some not-so-important function of some not-so-important relative of us. I made a big drama with headache and happily stayed home :whistle. Friends planned a movie in the meantime and I even managed to reach home to get into sick mode before she arrived. But you know what, she touched my head to see if I had fever and literally baffled me asking “Neetu , you went to theatre?” :shaking:Can you believe feeling my cold head she found I’d been to movie. I always joke, “Amma, you should have opted a career as criminal lawyer”.
    These moms had eyes and brains all over them.

2 people like this.
  5. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

Thanks GG for the first feedback.. I know it is a great loss for the state, right? :cool:..

GG this happened almost 12 yrs back and i guess in these 12 years, if i would have stayed, i would learnt everything.. You know, am a good learner.. :p
    :evil:

1 person likes this.
  6. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

Thanks Rajini.. Am glad you enjoyed!! :thankyou2:

7. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

No choice other than withdrawing, Neethu.. She can be a tyrant when it comes to these kinda things and daddy, he just goes with mom.
    Moms can catch anything i think they get spy training or something once they become mother of teenagers..

8. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

My sis also had the same experience- except it was dad who was the tyrant :)
    She stood for the post of vice chairman without my dad's knowledge. All hell broke loose when my dad got wind of it. My sis would come home every weekend from her college near ernakulam.
    On a weekend, my dad told her 'you stand for election,then you cant stay here'. She packed her bags and left!! For three months she never came. Mom would call her daily. I dont know how she survived without money. She did not even ask my dad for hostel fees!! Third month, my dad buckled and went and met her!! :)

2 people like this.
  9. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Wow wow Gauri..tat's so gutsy!
    We have to meet your sister :wink:

1 person likes this.
  10. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

Wow!! She has guts man.. i give it to her... I was scared to death and complied to my mom...